1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dp Tail Tidy

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by jack999s, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Has anyone got a copy of the Ducati performance tail tidy instructions?? Been fitting some carbon bits and pieces and want to know whether or not the previous owner had it fitted correctly, Something just didn't look rite, Cheers

2. Iirc Jack, mine was a pig to fit. There seemed to be far too many wires and connectors to fit into the space under the seat unit. I'll see if I can find the instructions from when I bought mine.

3. Sorry Jack, I don't seem to have the instructions. If you post a picture of your concern, I'll have a look at mine for you.

4. Hey mate, Its just the spacers, ive spent a little while googling it and theres quiet a few topics knocking around about it, I'm not the first lol, Its just that I would have thought the spacer setup would have been a little better designed and not having to join them up to get the correct spacing, looks like you have to join spacers together and use a couple original ones aswell, Theres not a lot you can do for me really because its all in behind the plate and I wouldn't ask for you to remove it as the wiring is pretty tight in there, its ok mate I think I have it, Thanks appreciated

5. Fitting the collars to the bolts and getting everything up into the void unter the seat was the biggest nightmare. It sounds like you have the same issue as I had. The fit looks OK, but everything is tucked up in there a little more tightly than I would have liked.

I can't remember if I had to use original spacers too. I seem to remember 4 coming with the kit. I think I might have.

#5 Robarano, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. the Evotech tail tidy has the same problem. Its like wrestling an octopus trying to get all the wires behind the plate. I pinch one of mine and blew the fuse.
    I'd have fitted some smaller and neater indicators by now but I don't fancy faffing around with those wires again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information