1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dremel V Timing Belt Cover

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Diver, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Check the youtube vid, whats your thoughts on the Timing belt Modifications ??

2. Interesting.

How big is the gap?

You really don't want any stones or other debris getting in there and between teeth and belts.

Could you bond a clear plastic window in place, inside the cover?

3. well thats sorta why i was asking, I'm aware Rizoma do a timing cover with plexi- glass already in place, my fear with this Mod would be a stone flicking up and under the belt

4. I wouldn't. Dust and rubbish will get in and water when you wash it. The shaft ends, belt sprockets and retaining nuts are subject to cosmetic oxidation and corrosion at the best of times. Nothing to worry about but nothing to look at either.
    The Rizoma covers look alright when they're brand new but once they get grimy on the inside they just look like dirty plastic.
    I'd stick with quality carbon. Lieb Speed are the best I've seen. Steve does them at Conquest Carbon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. yeah think I agree....

6. I quite like the covers, this is the first time that I've seen someone do that - it's novel at least.

Having said that, I wouldn't do that to my bikes as per above.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information