1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Dropped Her Off

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Leesey, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Just dropped her off at cornerspeed for a full desmo service with @nelly i know she will be looked after.
    I will say I’ve never been into a garage where I’ve had as much confidence that the vehicle will be looked after. seeing the other nice bikes has made me want another Ducati.

Jon

867EA03C-7793-4B53-8B4A-10B05B2BA3D9.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. As long as thats not his van in the back ground, you will be all right :p know what you mean when you drop a bike off for a service lots of Ducatis

#2 Roadtrip, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Picked her up this morning with a clean bill of health from cornerspeed the rockers are all in good order etc.
    She will be stripped in the winter for a full restoration as she is not mint and put back to standard (carbon parts removed etc) so it needs doing.
    Again thanks to @nelly as their work was brilliant will definitely be going back. Just need to find somewhere as good for the street triple and 4xv R1.

DB1D27E7-D9D4-4F8F-9F41-41FAE55D099B.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  4. lots of love here for @nelly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How do you find the trailer as I sold my Vivaro van this year and got a smaller Ford connect van and I’m intending to get a tow bar fitted with a detachable hook, your trailer looks just the right one.

6. Really good. I think it’s brilliant.
    This one May be for sale soon as I want a double one (will buy the same one just double) only want a double for when I take the 4xv and 916 to the odd show.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Is it an unbolt and foldaway one also would you have the name and any model number etc :)

8. Yeh it’s a motolug se. Not cheap but it folds up into the boot of the car easily enough and is a doddle to store. It also goes very well for a small motorcycle trailer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Thanks will have a look

10. Whats the general rule when towing a bike don't cover it up because of side winds as i wouldn't want my bike getting wet :blush:

11. I use a Bike Blanket that is contoured to the shape of the bike and it has tie downs to keep the material taut and never had any issues with side winds. You need to make sure you have no loose material that flaps in the wind so a good quality cover should be fine. Andy

12. Thanks Andy
    I will look them up, i haven't got a tow bar yet but its on my list of things to do.

13. I tried to find a link but it looks like they might be a victim of the pandemic. They are/were local to me so I’ll see what I can find out. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. @Roadtrip, looks like they are still around, https://bikeblanket.co.uk/. Not cheap but I have two and have been very pleased with them. Kept our track bikes nice and cozy on the truck to Almeria. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Nice cover that :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information