1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"dtc Off" Error On Multistrada 1200s 2010

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nigel Palmer, May 19, 2017.

1. Hi there, sometimes when I start the bike my ABS light comes on and then after 30 seconds a warning message displays DTC Off. If I turn off the engine and re-start, the problem normally goes away. Now this is happening more often, sometimes I need to re-start twice before it goes. I have made no modifications and the battery is new too.

2. The dtc will disable becuase of whatever the issue is with the abs , dtc uses the wheel speeds seen by abs , really could do with a code test on the abs system to see if any faults are logged , otherwise your guessing at stuff.

3. Check the wiring between yokes that goes to ABS sensors it is pulled quite tight and does break where it branches into 2

4. Many thanks Derek, I'll have a good look at it.

5. Well I had a good look and removed the outer cabling but there are no broken wires in that area. So must be something else this time. Good suggestion though.

6. May be the sensor cable. Check it's not touching the tyre where it goes under the mudguard.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information