1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duc 748 Decals

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Chris Chilver, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Hi all. Thought it about time I joined the duc forum after 3 years of ownership! My trusty 748bip is undergoing a restoration but I'm having trouble finding the correct decals for my bike. Its a 1998 on an S. I have the old style 'DUCATI' for the tank, along with the DUCATO 748 DESMOQUATTRO fir the side fairing and the gold crest with '1' in the centre for the top of the tank but unsure of the exact spec of tail fairing decals or any others apart from the above when it left the factory. If anyone could help I'd massively appreciate it!

2. My 748 is a 1998 model and it hasn't got any decals on the tank at all.
    Steve

3. most decals are still available from Ducati. If you have the vin, pm me and i'll find out for you. '98 was the changeover year. Many had the old '97 decals

4. Frame number ends 9001. Can't remember the rest but will check once I'm home.

5. 009001 is a '98 bike according to that VIN. It shouldn't have the earlier "Desmoquattro" scheme, but the later one. Nothing on the tank, "Ducati" on the side panel and "Ducati 748" on the seat unit.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information