1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 05 999s Oil Light

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucEMfast777, May 26, 2017.

1. Bike has been sitting for 4 months, previously changed ECU, wiring harness, clutch, air filters, spark plugs and changed oil-throw in a wax. Rode fine for a month, then today shuts off while riding. RED oil light comes on, bike wont start WTF? Any suggestions as to what this might be-Ducati shops have no idea (over phone, of course) anyone else deal with this-solution please.

2. Surely the oil light has come on because the engine has stopped - not made it stop? Or was it on before the engine stopped?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. Is the pump priming when you turn on ignition? If not its probably relay behind battery box.
    $3 part.
    4pin normally open. 12v 20amp.

5. The Bike shut off while approaching a red stop light, down shifting. Then the red oil light came on when I tried to start the bike while at the stop light. I did get the bike to a shop-diagnos was Stator over charging battery. Strange the bike made no sound when trying to start..red oil light. Thanks guys

6. You say you replaced the ECU and harness make sure the earth lead behind the heat shield is secure. Caused me no end of grief.

7. The oil light is on until motor starts then the oil pressure switch turns off the oil light. If your battery is getting too many volts its probably rec/reg fkd.
    If pump is not priming, replace relay.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information