1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 1098 Troy Bayliss Ltd Edition

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Ducaian, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Selling my cherished 1098R Bayliss. No 357 of 500. Brand new genuine fairing all round. I have all the original fairings which have very minor stone chips. Approx 10,000 miles on clock. Engine removed from bike at 7600 miles by JHP Racing. New gearbox , new STM clutch. Bottom end blueprint rebuild. Top end ported and gas flowed by JHP Racing. Marchesini wheels. Usual Bayliss extras including Ducati Ltd edition presentation plaque and Bayliss cover. Bike delivers 206 Bhp on JHP Dyno. Videos to prove. Mirror polished 70mm race system with carbon slash cut Termignoni’s. Bike is in exhibition condition. Private plate included £18K

357E77D7-E1D6-42E5-9082-9E034C770FD6.jpeg

#1 Ducaian, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Please note the bike will have the original mint condition Marchesini wheels fitted, not the Carbon CA5 wheels as in the photo. The gold clutch cover has been removed and replaced with a black JHP clutch cover. Gold frame plugs replaced with black plastic frame plugs. The GSG crash mushrooms and brackets have been removed. I have the GSG package for sale on eBay if anyone is interested. The front calipers are now Brembo GP4RX. The seat has also been replaced with a Ducati Performance race seat. The rear caliper has also been replaced to match the front GP4RX calipers

#2 Ducaian, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Selling my Bayliss. £18k

#3 Ducaian, Nov 25, 2020
  4. @Exige must be having kittens with that low pricing.;)

5. The bike has Brembo GP4RX front brake calipers that cost £1400 with matching Brembo rear brake caliper that cost £500. Brembo Racing Corsa Costa front brake master. Brembo Racing RCS 19 clutch master. All hydraulic brake lines are HEL red transparent braided. NCR Corse titanium rear sprocket carrier £400. SSR unrated flow billet coolant pump casing. SSR billet engine case breather. Ducati Corse race seat. Gilles fully adjustable rear sets. STM Italy dry slipper clutch. Brand new clutch steel and friction plates. Carbon air intakes. Carbon battery bracket. Carbon front V panel with gold mesh. Carbon front mudguard with matching gold mesh vents. Pro-grips. MRS double bubble clear front screen. SAMCO silicon coolant hoses. Biketrac tracker covertly installed. Lithium light weight battery. Exact start battery and starter leads. JHP racing clutch cover. Oberon clutch slave. Carbon fiber mirrors which are identical in shape to the original plastic mirrors. Mirror polished 70mm Termignoni race system with carbon Termignoni slash cut cans complete with dB killers for MOT. Titanium Rear wheel nuts each side. Titanium front wheel axel. Titanium wheel spacers. CNC racing rear wheel wedges. All major bolts replaced with Titanium eg front caliper mounting bolts , rear subframe bolts, all bleed nipples titanium. Brand new genuine Ducati Bayliss fairing all round which has been protection wrapped. The engine was fully overhauled at 7200 miles by JHP Racing. I got JHP to balance and blueprint the crankshaft, con rods and pistons. Cylinder heads were ported and gas flowed by JHP. The gear box was replaced. This bike has been maintained with costs never being an issue. If you find a better Bayliss 1098R I want to see it ! I have all of the photographs from the JHP work carried out in their workshop. I even have the Dyno run video which shows the bike has 206 RWBHP. The Torque figures are over 100 lb/ft. The bike has the newer 1198 coolant radiator which has the more robust mounting brackets from Ducati. Early radiators were prone to failure at the top mounting brackets. All of the known issues with the 1098R’s have been fully resolved on this bike. No evidence of the fuel tank swelling at all. I have the original Bayliss cover , Bayliss cover bag , rear paddock stand and Ducati Bayliss presentation plaque. I change the engine oil and filter very 3000 miles.

#5 Ducaian, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    #6 Ducaian, Nov 26, 2020
  7. Early this year I tried to help out a friend and assist him in selling HIS Bayliss.
    I’ve been a biker all my life and for the most part have enjoyed the biker comradery that exists.
    If you have any constructive comments or wish to discuss the purchase of what is a truly amazing bike (this time MY Bayliss) then please feel free to contact me.
    Just to add, My friend sold his Bayliss, he got exactly the money he wanted. The guy who purchased the bike was also really happy with what is also a great bike.

#7 Ducaian, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Right guys this is a for sale thread keep the comments to sales questions please

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would definitely get some more updated pictures up fella..... sounds like a very special build indeed :upyeah:glws

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  11. Cheers

12. Ignore the jesters fella.... plenty of stick pokers everywhere you go! It’s an exclusive bike and sure someone will appreciate its beauty and value:) like I said I would definitely get some some detailed pictures up if you can:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lovely bike! What is it’s usage history? Has it been used just as a track bike or as a road bike at the same time? Is there a full MOT history from 3 years old? Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I rode the bike on a handful of track sessions , 4 at most. The bike is a 100% road bike , headlights , indicators etc and always has been. The bike has never been a “track bike”. It’s in truly stunning condition for a bike with approx 10,000 miles. I have all the MOT’s from 3 years old. I have every bill, invoice and receipt for the entire bikes life. It did have a Ducati quickshifter fitted that I got JHP to remove because it had caused premature wear of the gearbox drive dogs. The entire gearbox was replaced by JHP. It was during the gearbox replacement I instructed JHP to overhaul the entire engine and make some performance improvements to make this a very special bike. The bike has never been crashed or damaged in anyway. I am a self employed engineering consultant who works in the Oil and Gas industry, spending the money on this bike has never been an issue for me. Someone may be lucky enough to to own this bike and appreciate its value

#14 Ducaian, Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Was the gearbox replaced with an uprated one, such as Nova or BSD?

Ah yes, lovely bike :upyeah:

16. That’s one of my big regrets. I got JHP to replace the gearbox with a standard gearbox. At the time I had never even heard of the NOVA gearbox. If I had , I would have had one put in. It was only later on after the build that I learned there was an improved gearbox available from NOVA , I think they cost in the region of £4500 just for the parts ?

17. BSD are better value at 1800

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Does all the original kit (levers, footrests, carbon cans, brake master cyl, fairing bolts, screen, front mudguard, mirrors etc etc) come with the bike?
    Part of value of limited run bikes is their originality. Once they become modified, their desirability and ultimately the value can suffer in the eyes of collectors.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Desirability depends on getting the correct buyer who wants the bike I am selling. If a collector is looking for a totally stock bike , then I’m afraid my bike is not for that buyer.
    Not all buyers are collectors. I fear this type of “collector” would store the totally bog standard bike and never ride it.
    Can I ask , are you interested in purchasing the bike or are you just making comments ?
    £18k for this bike , the improvements that have been made is a very fair price if not a little too low. Try and find a 1098R of this quality for £18k , let alone a Bayliss

#19 Ducaian, Nov 27, 2020
  20. I think he was trying to help Ian, it wasn’t a negative comment that detracts from your bike necessarily and also you might find as the days and weeks or even months go by that a bump on your thread might help sales interest. If you haven’t found it, the thread below kept the general buzz going on here up until about a year ago and post #792 shows approximate number of owners but it’s dropped a bit from 33 now. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/1098r-and-bayliss-owners-advice-needed.37814/page-40

GLWS

#20 Chris, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information