1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Ducati 1098 Vs Water

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by gavin gerrard, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Hi folks
    After looking into preventing water getting into the antennae on the 1098 using a plastic bag over dash I came out to the garage today to hear relays clicking for fuel pump and fan
    Error codes batt 5.2 / pump 13.1 and IMmo 37.1

Ordered new relays as one was cracked but when I removed the key the dash sill illuminated,
    Battery removed and on charge

can you guys give me any tips and help.

Even though she’s in bits she’s still looking nice in the garage

2. Exactly what got wet? how long since it last ran/did it run without fault at that time/is it stored in damp conditions or was the water incident the only time it got damp/wet recently? If you suspect water of getting anywhere else like block connectors (a common culprit and a a cause of many problems) then investigate and thoroughly dry out before attempting connecting up with battery. If you think water may have got into the dashboard/instrument then that needs investigating as permanent damage can result.

3. Chris
    The bike was running well with no issues and ran most days probably 3 times a week at present. I was only washing it due to flies on front. I suspect water got to the relays beside the battery.
    Last time i washed it the code immo 37.1 came up but went away the day after as it dried, The bike is stored in a heated garage
    Ordered new relays so we will see when they arrive and the battery is now fully charged.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information