1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 1098

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Flatty, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I'm going to regret this but I ride it very little.
    Ducati 1098. Stand, and other saddle included in sale, along with original clear plastic screen if wanted, and new rear carbon hugger.
    It's done just over 14k miles iirc.
    Full service history by Ducati Manchester and then Ducati John and had a full service at Christmas by Sam West (the TT racer).
    Fairly mint condition.
    Zards fitted as per photo.
    I doubt you'll find a better bike.
    It's a bit greasy looking as it has just been taken out of winter storage and I slather it with AC50.
    Tyres pretty much new (maybe 1-200 road miles on, probably less tbh).
    Never seen salt or rain in the years I've owned it.
    I just don't ride it enough, I've three cars and two bikes and I'm spending too much time keeping them all maintained and MOTd.
    £7k.
    PS all the expensive stuff has been done service wise.
    More photos if needed.
    DSC_0801.JPG DSC_0803.JPG DSC_0802.JPG DSC_0804.JPG

#1 Flatty, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. GLWS.

BTW, you could sell that Superpole seat separately for a good price. Somebody on here was looking for one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks. What's a good price?

4. Depends if you are a buyer or a seller!
    Recent examples have sold for what I would classify as crazy money (£300+)

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It would sell better if you'd a dustbin in the shoot.;),very nice & GLWS

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It's funny. If it doesn't sell, I won't mind at all :)

7. Great thing about selling the seat is that its a 5 min easy job and thats it! Unlike stripping cans etc. I'm with Ricky - even if you only got £150 its like free money :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If the seat is for sale at £150 I’d like to buy it please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. @Flatty

10. I probably won't sell the seat as if the bike doesn't sell, I'll keep it as is. I may even change my mind about selling. I have done before. Those photos make me want to keep it.

11. OK, if you do change your mind then please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sell the seat Speedy Gonzales... Put the old seat on it and use the £150 for fuel in the bike for a blast over to North Wales & Snowdonia. Remember how much you love owning a Ducati, then come back to the forum and remove this post. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I never go out just for a drive on it. I use bikes for getting about the place. I have a r1200r which I use if there's rain and/or through the winter, which is nearly all the time really.

14. Wasn’t expecting that reply from a 1098 owner! Not really a pottering about or a ‘getting from a-b bike’ is it? Each to their own I guess but if that’s what you use it for, I’d sell up & get something more comfortable , less maintenance intensive & cheaper ;)

15. I know, I bought it because it's a lovely bike. I have the r1200r for usual use, but I've two old and one new car as well, and I cycle a lot of places so I barely use any of them. I've just been soaked and frozen washing the cars today already. 5 lots of MOT's is a pita, never mind services etc. But it's lovely. I could just leave it in the garage, but there's no point in that either. It's never going to be used for 9 months of the year anyway. It's best on a cool dry day when it keeps you warm :)
    It is running absolutely perfectly. It's kept warm and on trickle charge at all times, but like my old cars, they need driving to keep healthy.

16. Hi
    Pm sent

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi, is this still available? I'm looking for one after my 749s was written off recently :-(

18. Sorry, yes it is, but I still haven't had it valeted after removing it from winter storage. I have one correction, it was originally a Lincolnshire bike before being traded with Manchester Ducati
    Anyhow its running perfectly, or was last time it stopped raining. I'll take it out next week when we are "sizzling in a 20 deg celcius heatwave"**

**May be made up by the mirror.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information