1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1198s

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by benster789, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Ok, after much debate and thinking - I’m on the hunt for a nice 1198S.

There is a nice on the bay which I may look at but if anyone has one they’re thinking of selling, I’d be very interested.

2. Have to be an S bud?

3. On the fence. Quite keen on having the TC....

4. TC is over rated

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So why are you quite keen on having it? :thinkingface:

#6 Ben Mallinson, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Base 1198 is what you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If it's an option between having it or not, I'd rather have it. But can live without it. Have bikes with it and without.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dani Pedrosa may disagree......

• Like Like x 2
  10. Don't think he's dani pedrosa though.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not yet.

• Like Like x 2
  12. IMG_0748.jpg IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. for that money I'd be looking at a panigale or latest RSV4R!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Exactly. 1299 money! Shame as it looks super nice.

15. Personally, I would prefer the above 1198s over the Painigale

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Interesting. I prefer the looks of the 1299 if I’m honest but equally the 1198 is very nice.

Only ridden a 1199 and If I’m honest, it left me a bit underwhelmed. Need to ride both of these properly really

• Like Like x 1
  17. Try and get a test ride on an 1198 before committing to any bike as you will know for sure which one suits you best. If you felt somewhat underwhelmed by the 1199 them perhaps the 1198 is the one for you, I have both an 1198 Base Model and 1199 Tricolore and although I haven't managed to get many miles done on the Tric before winter set in... They are poles apart to ride.

The 1198 is an absolute animal and a joy to ride when you get it right, get it wrong or be a bit eager with the throttle and it will remind you that it does actually want to kill you though!! o_O

The base model without any of the fancy electronics is where my money would be going, last proper riders Ducati (without any riders aids) that will be produced too... Also worth considering is that 1198's are starting to firm up in value so should look after you better when it comes to residual value's too as previous owners will have taken the hit for you ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information