1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1200 Multistrada Rear Indicator Advice

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Suffolk Duke, Jun 1, 2021.

1. I recently bought a 2014 Multi that has been fitted with an R&G tail tidy and small indicators - see photo below. However, these indicators are not very bright so I want to change either the bulbs or the indicators themselves before I get rear ended!
    Options are:
    1) - Fit secondhand original indicators but not sure what these are like
    2) - Fit LED bulbs to the existing indicators but will probably need resistors
    3) - Fit new LED indicators

rear indicator.jpg

2. The Ducati 1199 Panigale OEM LED rear indicators are plug and play on the 2010-2012 model. I see no reason that wouldn’t be the same for the DVT as the front indicators are the same LEDs. Check with your local dealer’s parts man. Andy

3. Hi Andy
    Thanks for your reply, however, I should have made it clear that mine is a PRE-DVT model so not sure how much difference this makes?

4. A twin spark ? The Panigale indicators should be plug and lay. Andy

5. As Fitted LED to mine - no issues 6D42D7A3-8A09-4A46-9CE9-06ABF3BBEC46.jpeg

6. I have the LED Ducati performance ones on my 2011, plugged in easy. I have my old original ones spare if you end up stuck.

7. Hi Clarkey, which ones do you have?

8. Thanks for the offer Fat Matt.

9. It does seem a bit of a mine field. Basically I would like something a bit bigger than what I have now (70 mm long) and much brighter so am looking at the MCD (millicandela) rating although some makes don't state it. I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

10. I have the original indicators on my Twinspark 2013. Two things other road users comment about my bike.
    A) What brilliant and visible indicators
    B) what a visible headlight

Both excellent safety features, very un Ducati like but seems OE are the best option.

11. Morning I have Ducati performance LED indicators simple plug and play
    Brought 2nd hand from this very site

12. Do you think OE indicators will fit a tail tidy? Would you mind measuring the length and diameter where they bolt to the bracket? Thanks

13. Also, are the OE a bulb or LED?

14. TBH I’m not sure, never had to replace any bulbs except license plate one , I don’t think it is LED.

15. Will do a bit later on.

16. I have decided to try the Oxford Columbia indicators, 'only' 10,000 MCD so hope they are bright enough! Should get them tomorrow so will report back once fitted.

17. See your PMs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information