1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 200 Elite 1966

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by gary parkin, Feb 4, 2020.

1. I am rebuilding an Elite and ask can anyone tell me what oil is used in the front forks
    I have some instructions that say AGIP F.1 Shock absorber oil (Hydraulic Brake Fluid) but surely this cannot be right as brake fluid would be very thin
    any help appreciated
    gary

2. Hi Gary! No midea about the oil, but I would like to see a pic of this bike...

3. I am waiting for a few bits, hope to have it finished say mid March when I will post some pictures

4. Thats a long time to wait. Maybe a mid renovation pic? Before prior to after kinda thing?

5. fork oil for a bike of mine of that age was ATF (automatic transmission fluid). After that, fork oil for playing about with damping on non-adjustable forks was about 5 to 7 SAE, so very 'thin' but not brake fluid!

6. My MV Agusta 175 specified the same AGIP F.1. I used some Citroen Green LHM hydraulic fluid I had left over from when I owned a DS (which is similar to ATF fluid). Worked just fine and a great improvement in the decades old sludge that I replaced it with!

7. Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum:upyeah:. We like introductions in the Newbie's section plus we also like A LOT pics of your bikes regardless of what state of repair they may be in. So you don't feel too bad about whatever is the current state of your bike here's a couple of pics of a couple of mine which I reduced to a pile of bits:)

As for fork oil - 5-7
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information