1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 2017 Motogp World Champions

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by BladeRR8, Oct 1, 2017.

1. So what do you reckon. Ten years after Casey Stoner won Ducati their first Motogp championship can Dovi repeat the feat?

festa_small.jpg

2. No.

Much as I would like Dovi to win, MM is in the way...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. marquez sneer.PNG

4. Haha I think you right chaps. MM is a freak of talent and amazing to watch.

It certainly seems MM's to loose but he has lost the bike a few times so a DNF or two and the odds could change.

5. No.

6. I think there is a chance a slim chance admittedly.

The up and coming tracks suit the GP17 and Dovi is consistent and riding the best he has ever done with more fight so you never know.

7. Maybe but probably not.

8. May the best team win!

9. Ducati ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well, after Motegi, Dovi is certainly willing to push for it. Roll on PI :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dovi has found brillant form and so has Ducati this year.

Amazing race, amazing result.

To do that to Marc Marquez at the top of his game pushing to and past the limit, in treacherous conditions, Dovi, the GP17 and the Team are all strong and up for the fight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 3 more races. 3 more chances for MM to bin it. You wouldn’t bet against it; he has form and Dovi is pushing him all the way. 70-30 MM, 65-35 at a pinch. But those are still good odds for a Ducati championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marc Marquez does push the limits and ride next to and over the edge on a regualr basis, but he also has the freakish talent to flirt with catastrophe and some how make impossible saves.

It's going to be a nail biting, dramatic and exciting end to the 2017 season whoever wins

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rumour has they pay Lorenzo 12 million a year on a 2 year contract.

Dovi will unlikely be even on a 1/4 of that.

If he wins the world title Dovi surely deserves a huge wage rise.

Probably a little more than 3% CPI inflation ;)

15. Thought his contract was for around 40 million?

Yeah I'd expect Dovi to demand a fair whack regardless of whether he wins the championship or not, I doubt they could deny him either!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Whens his contract till? I think its end ‘18, so probably wages already agreed.

17. It will be if it's over three years.

18. Dunno ET, I was told his package was "worth around euro 40M over the 2" years but I don't know how that breaks down, I do get told a fair amount of dross so it may be BS but was from a reputable source.

19. I may well be wrong. I think Hodgson commented on btsport motogp coverage that they paid Jorge a million a month.

No idea how accurate it is tbh.

20. He is indeed on 12 million a year!! :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information