1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 748 On 180/60 17 Rear Tyre

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by andy j, Jun 15, 2017.

1. I'm new to track riding and have been looking into tyres for my bike. Its currently running a Supercorsa SP 180/55 17 on the rear which came with the bike. I would like to try a Continenal conti race attack tyre but can only find them in a 180/60 17. The bike is used only on track and i was wondering how it would affect the bike switching from the 55 to the 60?

2. It may rub the swingarm.

3. as above - depending on chain length/sprockets, but you might get away with just removing hugger (if you have one).

4. I have no hugger so that should be fine. I will have i look when i get home and see what sort of room i have.

5. 180/55 was the standard fit tyre size. As already said, with an OE swing arm, the tyre could foul. Andy

6. approx 9mm sidewall height difference (if my maths is correct) - might be worth getting a tape measure out to see if you have enough clearance.

7. Im using the conti race attacks and I use the endurance rear in a 55 profile and I can honestly say the tyre is great. I was reluctant to change from Michelins but I needed a more track biased tyre rather than a road because I just wasn't getting the wear from the Michelins.
    I was using the medium front 33psi hot, rear endurance 26psi hot at cadwell a couple of weeks back no issues whatsoever so yes give them a go.
    Just to add I also have similar set up as in 748.
    Mark

8. Shove it in,it will soon wear to fit!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information