1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 796 Abs From Salvage To Carbon Project!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Edgar796, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hello Ducati maniacs,

Recently bought Ducati motorbike, so decided to join this forum and to share my project start up.

Brief about my self,: always wanted to buy a bike and make a project for myself as a hobby. In my life had many different bikes starting from scooters to motorcycles. Mainly, wanted to go for Yamaha Virago 1981/2/3 and make a Cafe Racer, but recently changed my mind, when I saw customised black Ducati Monster passing by in motorway. Liked the way it looked - naked, with red frame and modern look.

So here I have it now Ducati Monster 796 ABS 2012 with some cracks, dents, scratches, missing parts. This bike was standing outside for couple of month after the incident, as you see it has a lot of bird poo on it. :) But still I saw some potential in this bike, so I bought it.

Gonna add pictures step by step with replacement parts. Maybe there will be some suggestions from you guys how to do it in different way.

Cheers.

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

2. What are your plans?Standardish or cafe racer or something else?

3. design_by_committee_motivational_poster_by_davinci41-d6sxkx0.jpg

Good luck, but don't listen to too much drivel, build it as you want it :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cut it in half lengthways, set it in Perspex and sell it to the Tate.... Erm...... Fit pedals and put it on a rolling road and use as an exercise bike?

Sorry. I'm in the pub and have been for a while but you appealed to the maniacs and they have cometh.

I'd take it to bits, have the paint stripped from everything worth keeping and start from there. Maybe save up a load of money, get drunk and then make a foolproof plan.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gonna repair first, so it is in good working condition and buy carbon parts, which should look awesome on this bike.

#5 Edgar796, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  6. Sounds as a good plan, but only small thing is that I don't drink :-D

7. Fixed the cluster for this bike, so I could see some errors what it is giving.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2675.JPG

8. So what happened to this bike?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information