1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 848 Off The Bucket List

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rik.7, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Well I was just after a cheap commuter bike after a job change and this cheap 848 evo dream bike of mine caught my eye at a price I couldn’t turn down it needs some work mainly fairings but I plan on sorting that over the winter and hopefully a few short rides not had a road bike since my r6 10 years ago had a short test ride when I bought her and fell in love. So much for having a cheap bike

A9A3B58A-3913-43E4-B738-24CDAD3BB7E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Very nice, enjoy!

3. hello and welcome dude...
    lovely bikes those.

4. Ex trackbike (race seat unit, razzed tyres)?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Back in Black huh? Welcome and enjoy!!

6. Welcome Rik :):upyeah:

7. Welcome and enjoy.

8. Welcome in, you have some work to do if you are going to commute on it haha but lovely bike regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome Rik, nice bike, let's hope your commute is over open roads:upyeah:

10. Forgot your bins too :thinkingface: we like then it’s a newbie/forum law :)

Welcome into our mad house that’s another tick off for your bucket list joining us

11. You need a commute like mine, 30 odd miles of country roads and you'll be laughing :upyeah:

12. Commuted on mine in all sorts (even snow). Your wrists soon get used to it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome Dave

14. Thanks for the welcome guys looking forward to doing some work on her over the winter. sadly the commute is about a 5 mile trip through busy ish roads but there's plenty of long country roads home I get that it's the wrong type of bike but I love it lol guess I need to look into a bigger clutch slave? And some road fairings/lights I'm sure there's a few brackets like the headlight one I'll need to right?

15. Welcome and enjoy

16. Hi & welcome. very nice motorcycle. You have good taste.

17. Welcome fella, “commute” is the last thing I’d want to do on my 1098 though, bloody thing does not like bumbling along at low speed, stop/starting every few seconds so if you find a way to make it work, do let us know!

18. Welcome Rik... had a pearl white 848 several years ago now, it was a great bike, wish I hadn’t let it go really..

X

19. welcome rik'

20. Lights? Nah - keep it 'stealth' and ride it like you stole it :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information