1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 848 Transport

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ash Hussain, Mar 11, 2019.

1. 'ello chaps,
    Am picking up my bike this week and was wondering what's the ideal van to hire? I'm looking at a Vauxhall Vivaro from Enterprise, will this be suitable?

Thanks
    Ash

2. Yes, I have one - fits 2 bikes in easily. It's all about how you strap it :eyes:

3. Ahhhh, excellent. I'm doubting the one from Enterprise is going to have any hooks etc? Ive bought straps from amazon, just not sure where I'll anchor them too.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

4. They have strap tie downs all around the floor of the van - you are far better with handle bar straps...

5. I see.... something like this be enough? Sorry for all the questions.

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 09.58.30.png

6. #6 Cream_Revenge, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I use the ones with the integrated hammock's - not seen those ones above before...

IMG_4311.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Edited to make me look less hungover!

9. It's nice that you try and help, don't bring yourself down :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. hahahah.... It's Monday, we are allowed to make them mistakes. lol

11. Thanks bud, do you by any chance have a link to where you purchased them?
    Cheers
    A

12. I've also used, to compliment the straps, a rag wrapped around the throttle grip then a wide zip tie to lock the front brake lever on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Whose hacked your account!

14. I'm always fare :innocent:

15. Nice picture, I’m sure you had the ramp either securely fastened down or wrapped in something :upyeah:just in case some twerp does something stupid on the road which results in the ramp mating with bike, just a heads up to people securing the bike is brill but secure everything in the back of the van just as well, not been clever just pointing out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yes :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I knew you had, I took the opportunity to help others, easy to not consider it though.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information