1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Just finished fitting the Xerox livery and some other bits to my 1098S, a great bike and great fun to ride.

1098R3.jpg

Ducati1098R2.jpg

ducati1098R4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I fitted a new open clutch cover to my SF 1098 looks pretty :)
    2017-08-05 03.JPG

3. I had the P&H Ohlins guys set up my suspension. What a difference. Goes round corners like it's on rails now.

People on here have posted that it's money well spent, I'd second that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Along with a visit or two to California Superbike School and you will find not only the bike goes round corners, but you do too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fitted an OEM Carbon clutch cover which pretty much finishes off the carbon parts on my bike, lovin this Ducati!

ducaticlutch1.jpg

ducaticlutch2.jpg

6. CNC mirror block offs + seat cowl.
    IMG_6124.JPG
    Rear sets.
    IMG_6125.JPG
    Grips.
    IMG_6126.JPG
    White bulbs.
    IMG_6129.JPG

#769 psych0hans, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bar end indicators and mirrors will go on next.

8. Bar end mirrors installed, indicators to go on next.
    IMG_6162.JPG IMG_6163.JPG IMG_6164.JPG
    For some strange reason the left side adapter I made isn't threading in completely. Might have to take it off and try again. The stuff sticking out is thread off a cloth I used to get a better grip with the pliers I was using and so the metal wouldn't get marred.
    IMG_6165.JPG IMG_6166.JPG

9. IMG_3553.JPG IMG_3548.JPG Thought I'd have a go at vinyl wrapping under the headlights SL style but didn't look as good as I imagined so took it off again (plus it turns out I'm not good at wrapping).

Also fitted a DP fuel cap I picked up off eBay for a steal.

10. I think the black eyes look good. Did it to mine a couple of years ago.

IMG_0826.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. I think it looks better on red to be fair :upyeah:

12. Installed Ali Express frame sliders. Seem to be of a good enough quality, but would not recommend them to anyone. The rods that came with it were too small for the 899 and I had to have new ones made. It's lucky that I have free access to a machining shop, or it might have turned out to be an expensive proposition. Better spend a bit more and buy R&G or something.
    IMG_6186.JPG IMG_6187.JPG IMG_6188.JPG

Next step, dark tinted windshield and rear foot peg delete.

#775 psych0hans, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  13. I have a base 2013 1199
    Over the last month I fitted full Akra titanium exhaust, RapidBike Evo, DP rear sets, Ohins with NIX 30mm and TTX. Also the usual carbon and billet jewellery. Have a set of forged 1299 chicken feet to fit soon.

Really enjoying it. back.jpg side-web.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. How do you find the rapid bike? I'm thinking of fitting one over the winter

• Like Like x 1
  15. Would love to know this as well, mine is currently stuck in customs in india, will install it once I receive it.

16. I've fitted the upper and lower Evotech rad covers, a decal kit and a paint protection kit from Tankslapper (M3 scotchguard Gloss Pro) and a race screen. I'm after a UpMap key for a 1199 if anyone has one to sell.

IMG_6329.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

17. I had this same RapidBike on an 899 and 959 and had it reprogrammed for the 1199. Made a nice difference to all bikes but mostly the 1199, was a pig at low and mid revs (well looked after all services etc) exhaust and RapidBike I installed at the same time and now a different bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information