1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Ive added a set of these http://www.lieb-speed.eu/product_info.php?info=p188_subframe-covers-panigale-1199-1299.html including http://www.lieb-speed.eu/product_info.php?info=p189_mounting-kit-for-subframe-covers-1199-1299.html This mitigates the heat from the subframe and they fit beautifully. These work and thanks to Topolinin for the recommendation.

I have also ordered these Sato Long style with weights https://www.satoracing.com/handlebarends_ducati.htm in stainless to mitigate the bar vibes as the pani is worse than my 1198 for hand numbing, despite using grip buddies.

Plus a DP Comfort seat and a double bubble dark tint visor so I can read my speedo in sunshine. Whoever thought a silver steering damper was a great idea needs shooting. It reflects right on the speedo.

So now Ive mitigated most of the faults of the pani, I can tart her up a bit.

2. i agree 100% on the steering damper glare, is there a cover available at all? as I have seen a few covered with tape, but not a cover so to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not seen a cover, but a satin finish one would be useful, that clips over it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. How about just shrink wrapping it?

5. I put a matte screen protector on, stops the damper shine and scratches.

• Like Like x 2
    1. Installed throttle spacers
    2. Found out my battery was drained
    IMG_6209.JPG

6. Ordered some Gilles VCR rearsets for my 959

They have brought out a new version just for the 959 so assume it is due to clearance issues with standard exhaust? These don't look as nice and don't have carbon heel guards though.

Has anyone fitted the 899/1199/1299 Gilles to a 959 (with or without underbelly exhaust)?

Mine has a 1299 exhaust so assuming they should fit fine...

7. Was looking at Gilles rearsets for around £550 from Calsport, then a friendly ducati dealer quoted me DP rearsets for £630, it would have been rude not too !!

8. That's a good deal I would have went or them if I could find some

I got a set of new Gilles VCR in black for £475 new from P&H so got a good deal on them.

9. Fitted today

Very nice quality. Loads of adjustment they will go loads lower than OEM

I set mine 10mm higher and 10mm further back as a starting point and feels very comfy

If anything too much adjustment t is available i was on ages playing around with different ways

Gear change much more direct there must have been a lot of slop in original linkage as going up is much less throw.
    IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0576.JPG

• Like Like x 3

10. Had Gilles/HP's on my S1000rr Tyco (so miss that bike!!) they do look the dangles !

11. Yeah they're nice. Not sure how much I trust the pinch bolt set up. Hope it doesn't rotate when standing on the pegs hard!

Surprised how much less effort is required shifting up

12. just got my 1299s back after Evo update, and as promised it was free of charge...
    I have been told if you bought a late 2016 bike your chassis number has already been allocated an update code....
    off to Assen this weekend ( hopefully the rain will stop) to see if there are any improvements

13. Knew you'd like 'em! Peter makes some truly magical carbon fibre parts and they put almost every other manufacturer's efforts you can think of, to shame. Accurate, precise fit, ooze quality and are flawless. Just what a carbon part should be. Only wish he'd added more parts to his repertoire for the Panigale. I've a new pair of his 1199 air duct covers for sale if anyone wants them (at half the retail price).

14. Finally got some time to work on the bike.
    Fitted some titanium screws and started doing brakes just to find out i need new lines as the oem won't work :mad:, gutted.
    20170909_095721_resized.jpg 20170909_095839_resized.jpg 20170912_102443_resized_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1050.JPG
    New magnesium clutch cover and (used) Ohlins TTX...

• Like Like x 7
  16. What paint did you use on your wheels? Looks awesome!

17. Those calliper look like pure sex!!! I'm sure they fall squarely into the "if you have to ask,..." category:joy:

18. Not sure, all paint was done before I took ownership. They made a real nice job :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. IMG_6233.JPG
    Battery charged and installed, windshield installed, but I can't get the bottom two bolts to screw in, did I screw something up? I don't think the bottom screws have those rubber nut thingies in them...

Next up, remove rear foot pegs, replace leaky fork seals.

#800 psych0hans, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information