1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. bled the clutch again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Took the cylinder head plastic covers off today.

Straight forward job I've been meaning to do for ages and not got round to.

Basically remove key surround and side trims, loosen 2 front tank bolts but leave in.
    IMG_0165.JPG
    Remove rear tank bracket completely and pivot tank up on the front bolts enough to unplug fuel pump and remove the earth spade connector from tank body.

IMG_0167.JPG

Prop tank up with something suitable and remove the 4x bolts on the plastic trim and pull out.

On the left side there's an ugly cable running across the head, pull this up out of the way and cable tie to the subframe and jobs a good en.

IMG_0163.JPG

Looks better I reckon

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bike looks nice & clean after Thursdays soaking mate !

4. aye its a bit better now!

5. IMG_7204.JPG Mines just been used in touring mode, 2500 miles in a week and it performed amazingly.

A week in Italy for MotoGP, factory visit, a ride over the alps and then back on the Route Napolen carrying everything on the back for camping and it was awesome.

IMG_7094.JPG IMG_7095.JPG IMG_7140.JPG IMG_7167.JPG IMG_7178.JPG

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Cant wait for our 3000 mile Euro tour in 3 weeks !

How did the kriega tail pack work out ?

7. It was really good, rock solid. Only issue I had was that I could not mount it length ways (30l) as it overhung my seat and pushed me onto the tank. So I mounted it sideways which meant it overhung slightly one side but gave full use of the seat.

Had two very brief thunderstorms and everything was bone dry inside.

Quality kit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Offered up a couple of newly acquired panels....

[​IMG]

Snout to be tried at some point.

[​IMG]

#728 Horico, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  9. I am looking for some race fairings for 2013 899.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Came with bike-
    Full Ti Akro
    Tail Tidy

Ive added-
    Little No Plate
    Speedo Angels speedo covers
    Telferizer Ram mount from Bob.
    Grip Buddies.
    DP Seat
    Throttle spacers just arrived.

11. fullsizeoutput_97a.jpeg
    Decided to re-paint it instead.

• Like Like x 4
  12. IMG_0749.JPG Iom 2017 lovely

13. Went to install throttle spacers on 1299, only to find some bright spark at Ducati thought tri-wing screws would be handy here. I didnt have any tri-wing screw driver bits until today. Bastards. I mean, whats the fucking point? The two other are normal philips drives ffs.

14. I got one in with the spacer

careful how you undo them, they can be a little tricky

15. Thanks Martin, I bought a set of tri-wing bits as I didnt have any and its always nice to get new tools. But all the same why ffs.

They sent a philips bit with the spacers. I have plenty of those. Its the tri wing i couldve done with. :)

16. Great write up @flatstick959 thanks. Just out of interest, how clean will everything under the covers stay, is bolt oxidisation likely or will everything stay squeaky clean. I'm really tempted to remove the covers

17. Well I've done about 600 miles since removing the covers and it's fine so far. Remember the same grade fixings and fasteners are used throughout the bike and are exposed and are Fine if looked after. Also early bikes didn't have these fitted either.

What I did notice was when I took the covers off the nuts on the large head bolts were just starting to tarnish - a soaking in acf50 has reversed most of this.

The plastic covers obviously trap moisture after washing etc so best to have them off IMO

Also removing them keeps your legs nice and warm!

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Turns out the bit was included. But i had a senior stoned moment and a lack of reading glasses. But predominantly twas coz i is a tit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Just received brembo rcs master cylinder in the post and pro grips for my 959.
    I also removed engine covers and it does get hot just an fyi. A lot hotter than an 1199 gets for reference.

20. I'm getting the Pani properly detailed by @rob lewis in the morning :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information