1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 900 Ss Carb Vin Number Is Only 15 Long

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by TonnySenior, Sep 14, 2019.

1. I bought a beautiful 900 ss today and i am trying to find the history
    the vin in the papers is just 15 long zdm906sc2012988 so something must be missing, and i cannot figure out what?

so far i know its importet from UK to Denmark and according to the registration its a 1994, can anyone tell me what 2 numbers i am missing in my vin.

And also is there a forum here where i can post info pictures etc so that i can find previous owners etc (i am Autistic and i am terrible at navigating this forum, god knows how i found my way here in the first place)

2. That is correct number 1994 900ss

F7FD5B5D-B304-427A-9D3D-71D04B4804B6.png

3. Ahaaa Najs thanks so I just add the 2 * signs when is search I’ll try that when I wake up, thank you for the answer

4. Hmm does not seem to work on any of the vin checking sites

5. 08B2E8C0-7160-4383-BF28-69494BA4D15D.jpeg It’s probably me I must be doing something wrong, here is a photo of the vin could one of you guys test it pleases

6. That frame number is correct for a '94 900SS. Ducati didn't switch to the internationally accepted 17 digit VIN until the late '90s, possibly 1998.

7. Ohhhh ok thank you very much,
    It was driving me insane, I can now continue on my quest, (can you tell anything else from the numbers , sorry about bugging you)

8. Btw I also own a 2000 ssie I can try to take a picture when I get home so there is a comparison, and guys thank you for helping

9. Looks like @Derek already said the needful. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Contact the factory? Always used to be helpful with info but haven't done this for a few years so not sure what the situation is now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information