1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 900 Superlight Mk1

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Fraser, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys. Selling my beautiful Ducati 900 Superlight. 1993 Mark 1 #110. I’ve owned it for the last couple of years and it was restored by a previous owner a few years before that. As you can see in the pics, featured in Practical Sportsbike magazine as a reader restoration. 9500 miles with a full year’s MOT. Rides brilliantly but does have some slight fuelling issues that need to be sorted. Comes with two keys, very comprehensive info around restoration, workshop manuals, service history, Abba stand, battery trickle charger etc. £8000. Going to stick in on the bay this weekend but wanted to stick it here first. PM me for more info cheers

superlight 10.jpg mag 1.jpg mag 2 (2).jpg mag 3 (2).jpg mag 4 (2).jpg mag 5 (2).jpg superlight 2.jpg superlight 5.jpg superlight 6.jpg superlight 8 (2).jpg superlight 11 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 18
  2. Beautiful, good luck with your sale.

3. I've to say i just love mine, not much power compared to the other bikes in my stable but nevertheless a great looking motorcycle that will put a smile on your chops everytime you go out on any B road.
    GLWS

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doggy on the Monster Forum has been looking for one, I've posted him a link.

Nasher.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cheers mate and thanks all :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No idea Chris, could be.

Nasher.

7. He's mentioned this before about a purchase but he probably wouldn't spend that sort of money on a Superlight., but your never know with one in that fantastic condition.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  8. A 600ss and a street 765rs too. Just been out on the monster for an hour, a great bike that will probably have to go to help finance a SL

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yes, yes. But do you want this superlight? I remember the first thread on it. Cracking.
    GLWS

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. Maybe/maybe not .I have sent a pm.

• Love You Love You x 2
  11. I truly hope this works out for you both. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I think I remember reading about the restoration. Do you have the original Akront 2 piece wheels, the Mark 1 was the only one to have those wheels.

Sold mine a few years back, another bike I regret selling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looks super nice, it is a beautiful 2V example, but IMHO, for the price, let down by the wrong colour on the wrong wheels. The rear brake should also be underslung with a rose-jointed torque arm. The 'Before' photo in the magazine makes it look like a '92 900ss due to the white frame/black wheel combination that got treated to a 'Superlight' makeover. So the question must be asked as to whether it is a genuine Superlight. The top yoke and seat are the only items that point at the SL moniker

Sorry, I'm out. VGLWS

14. cheers all. Never claimed it was a completely stock bike. As it says in the article, the original wheels probably got lost in an incident pre-restoration and weren't, like some other bits apparently, replaced with exactly the same. All up front in the piece and in my understanding and offer.

15. Borgo, My understanding was that the underslung rear brake torque arm was introduced from the Mk2 onwards. That's sort of confirmed by the images of Mk1's on the SL register, where most don't have it, but some do....so probably indicative of Ducati's production line at the time. Should have had Marvic wheels when it left the factory though.

Unfortunately it's the wrong colour, should be yellow, so I'm out....but VGLWS.

I remember reading about this restoration, and found the thread on hereby Sim900SL back in 2103, search 'Superlight 110' for a read, but for some reason I can't link the thread to this one.

Mr Bimble.

#17 Mr Bimble, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  16. thanks Mr Bimble, never seen this, didn't realise that he had told the story at the time. will have a good read........
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...-restoration-the-saga-begins.4720/#post-59529

• Like Like x 2
  17. It’s a beautiful bike & I’m sure you’ll find the right new owner.
    Only thing I find odd about these (& some other earlier Ducati’s) is the misaligned writing. Why doesn’t the fairing, tank & tail writing scan properly? It’s slightly OCD, I get that but if I’d designed it they’d all have been on the same parallel. Usually something the Italians excel at but hey it’s probably just me. Stunning looking SL anyway! GLWS

18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you've got me at it now, but you start to think:- will the "script" not jar the eye at any angle - std or otherwise? :thinkingface:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information