1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 916 Bp 1996 Sold

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by portboy, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Here is my 916, with a heavy heart i feel it needs to go to a new home, it has 34k on the clock and as can be seen a few replaced parts from its original look. Recent MOT, rides well, recent oil change plugs and filter.
    All original parts seat, front mudguard, exhausts, 3 spoke wheels with tyres, loads of engine bits and pieces inc cylinder head, cams, belt covers etc. All collected by previous owner.
    Brand new Ducati Red bike cover, cam belt tooling new, paddock stands, proper 748/916 workshop manual. Owners manual. Warranty and Maintenance booklet all dated throughout. Complete instrument pod.
    Loads of history from its original bill of sale onwards.

The bike has V5 registered in my name, as i said with a heavy heart i feel the bike has to go it wasn't until i took it for a MOT last month i realised it was going to be to much of a handful for me. I would love to keep it as a piece of eye candy but some heavy house renovations are taking place and this could be some justification for letting it go.

I will let the photos do most of the talking, but please message me for any further info. I have had it on Gumtree for ages, with only yesterday showing the first couple of genuine interest ( i think ). I was asking £5500 but will now accept £5000 for the Ducati plus the spares etc.

P1030564.JPG

P1030565.JPG

P1030566.JPG

P1030567.JPG

P1030568.JPG

P1030569.JPG

P1030570.JPG

P1030571.JPG

P1030572.JPG

P1030573.JPG

P1030574.JPG

P1030575.JPG

P1030576.JPG

P1030577.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Never understand why folk fit those stop-cocks to the forks. They're asking to be twiddled by a scallywag while you're in the cafe waiting for your brew. Hands up who needs rapid preload adjustment on the move? Didn't think so.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Portboy, is your ride height set low front and rear? It may just be the camera angle of course. Looks beautiful, GLWS, hope it goes to someone who will fully appreciate it. Your OEM spares are worth quite a bit so don't let them go without checking their value first.

4. Yes Denzil, Short wheel base me, i haven't got an inside leg size , just wear long shorts all the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lovely bike and a good price. You could make a bit more by putting it back to standard and selling the bits though. First dibs on the wheels :joy:

6. I have some of the same 5 spokes which could be for sale :thinkingface:

7. Nice bike - including lots of period 1990’s modifications. A piece of history, frozen in time.
    GLWS.

8. Thanks all, i have decided to separate the bike and the spares, after taking some good advice from members, so there will be a post going up on the parts thread, a few parts have been ear marked already.

So the 916 has an asking price of £4500 now which i believe is fair price. This the only place the bike is advertised on .

9. @portboy do you want me to close this thread?

10. No, can it stay live please, as the bike is still currently for sale or would you prefer me to post it again ?
    Tony

• Like Like x 1
  11. Be good to see it back to standard. If it were me I'd repost pix once you have swapped everything back.

12. you old purist you, too much work to do on my old Brits i'm afraid, but thanks Ricky

13. Sorry, I misunderstood your earlier reply - I thought when you said " i have decided to separate the bike and the spares" you meant that you'd be putting it back to standard.

My bad.

Apologies!

14. Porty,,All the original spares should be sold with the motorcycle as this is a good selling point:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The bike doesn't seem to be raising any interest, meanwhile my house is falling down, i understand what you are saying though. cheers Buddy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bloody hell... someone please buy this. I'm very tempted.

17. Having all the standard parts available could well be the factor that creates the interest, when I bought mine some years ago now the fact that I could turn it into a totally standard original bike was a major factor for me deciding to buy it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I’d be interested if the bike came with the original parts. Is it still for sale?

19. It still for sale, I've got seat, front mudguard, silencers, rear hangers. Check out 916 parts for sale (3 parts).They haven't come from the bike just collected by previous owner.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information