1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 916 New Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chrissy, May 23, 2020.

1. Hi guys being following forum for a while now and decided to join after finally purchasing my 916
    Look forward to lots more info on ducs

2. Hi lurker Chrissy

Where are your pictures we like them especially bins you can include your bike behind them :)

Welcome into our mad house

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greetings from the other end of the island and welcome to the Forum:upyeah:

ps Photos of your bike are mandatory, preferably with bins in the background.

4. Howdey Chrissy.......... from Wales

5. Welcome aboard on this wonderful day.:):upyeah:

6. Pics, or it didn't happen :D Welcome Chrissy

7. Thanks for the welcomes guys these are my bikes and the reason why I am always broke!

B8095F0D-DBD6-4025-9020-FF65A5ACF5E8.jpeg

46D2D3D3-E7F4-49B5-AD65-D2AA8358DA9F.jpeg

712C6841-FA0A-48F2-BFF6-607B98CC1186.jpeg

785CA996-252D-43C9-B1A6-999C1EF9A4B4.jpeg

A6472D77-45BB-46B3-8B0E-7EDC05A62F07.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  8. :weary_face: No bin

Guys there isn’t a bin :sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh yes there is,the coal bin.:eyes:

10. Welcome Chrissy. :)

Nice bikes. :motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Is that better?

8B37B43C-5714-4322-BFD8-286F20827F4F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Guys thanks for all your welcomes as I Said I have been following the forum for quite a while now since purchasing my multistrada 2 years ago and decided to join after finally getting to purchase my 916. It’s a 1997 biposta model with only 11000 miles and in great Condition with excellent service history. The bike starts, idles, pulls like a train and generally in every way is spot on.
    Except for one issue which is a very intermittent misfire at steady speed almost like the bike completely cuts out for a millisecond. The plugs,leads,coils have all being replaced with no change, the bike has 45mm termignoni slip ons fitted with standard chip.would this be cause of problem?,and if so which chip do I need as it seems complicated to work out which one you might need. It’s one of those problems that only starts when bike has been ridden for about 30mins and is very random but really irritating, doesn’t stop the enjoyment of riding the bike but maybe some of the guys here would know different things I could try
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. wellcome another daft bugger !!!!

14. Intermittent faults are a bugger. could be fueling related. I would check the fuel pump solenoid under the seat first. Maybe replace it with a generic new one and clean all the contacts. The other thing is the fuel lines in the tank. They go to jelly from the ethanol fuel. Usually that's permanent missfire or it won't start at all but who knows. Quite easy to check.

15. Hi and welcome

16. Checking your various earthing points as well as the fuses. check the fuses holders as well as sometimes the pins look okay but you look down into the fuse holder it can sometimes have furring.

17. You need an 062 EPROM - Pt. Nr. 54610711A however, in my experience, if.... the TPS, throttle sync, CO and balance have been set up correctly then 748/916 do run satisfactorily on a 'standard' chip, not to say I'd recommend it!

Many of the older bikes have been 'played' with and TPS etc can be wildly out leading to poor running, properly set up they are excellent!

I think you'd be better to source the correct EPROM then have the above checks done by someone that has done it in the past unless you can diy?

18. Thanks guys that gives me a few things to work on in the coming weeks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information