1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916 Sps - The Imperfection Of Perfection

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Bologna998, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! :grinning:

I think we all agree that the 916 SPS is an amazing bike. But it does have a few quirks, doesn't it?

Let's have a look at those :D

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The Bevel 900's were actually 860 cc's

Steve R

3. The engine paint is actually cheese

good vid btw :upyeah::upyeah:

4. I love these videos.... keep em coming dude.

5. You crack me up everytime watching these mad wonderful videos and yes you'll need a sense humour riding any Ducati motorcycle.Imo

6. So the conspiracy continues :eyes:

If the bike was from 1994 when they just used whatever they had on shelf to build them, I wouldn't be surprised :laughing:

I will! :upyeah::)

As Jeremy Clarkson once said: It wouldn't be a real (Alfa Romeo in that case) if there wasn't something fundamentally wrong with it :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's great to see your learning from the best car pundit ever on our t.v's.:upyeah:

8. Excellent vid!
    You forgot 1098R…1198cc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maybe we should start with those that actually fit, might be faster :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SPS has unpainted sandcast cases - no cheese here!
    But I would agree that engine paint on other models does not last long enough.

• Like Like x 1

11. As a long time Alfa owner, I resemble that remark! As a young man, the two motors I really wanted, although neither was the most expensive in the world, were an Alfa 156 and a Ducati 748. Now I am fortunate to have owned two 748s and three 156s, and still own one of each. Italy sure produces something special.

• Agree Agree x 1

12. It’s still shit on the current Ducati model line up amazingly :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Just like the Land Rover product, premium prices but suspect build quality.Imo

• Agree Agree x 1

14. Absolutely !

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information