1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916 Warning/caution Decals

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by jb1000rr, Aug 3, 2019.

1. 705129-warning-labels-usa-unclassified.png Hi, if any of you have bought a 916 (specifically sps) from a UK dealership from new, can you please tell me if it came with any Warning or Caution decals attached specifically on the tank, mirrors or screen? Thank you.

2. That's the American version diagram I think, maybe there is a European diagram too :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I bought a 748 new from a UK dealer in 99, it had none of that shite on it. As said above that’s a US version IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have access to an unmolested UK 916 in original condition and as said, it has none of the warning stickers that the US version clearly had. Absolutely none of my business but I’m curious to know why your question ? If there is misinformation being peddled, I’d be interested to know. Andy

5. I bought my 916 new in '98 and there were none of the above stickers (or emissions canister) on it.

6. American lawyers eh? :rolleyes:

7. I love the sticker that says “Do not attempt to look through this fairing. This is not a windshield but a decorative fairing only”. :joy::joy::joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If you have the owners manual or the owners manual with US variations listed (as is often supplied) they are listed as US only. I have the section in my 999 and 748/998 owners manuals which is "USA only" and it has the very same stickers and shows where they are fixed. Also the parts books for Eu variant bikes does not have the page (drawing/fiche 38) where they are listed.

9. Yes, it's a US diagram.
    UK bikes did have some of these decals such as the Helmet Holder decal.
    I just want to know if UK bikes were supplied new with any or some of these other motorbike363334.jpg decals for restoration purposes but obviously not the US specific Canister decal!
    Thanks for the helpful answers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can we please have a full/completed picture loaded up:thinkingface:

11. XH558 for info see below, I don't have digital versions of the 916SPS books but they are similar to page 91-92 from the generic 748 parts book , page 79 and 80 are from the 748 998 owners book although they have a couple of different stickers and the emissions sticker is model specific

Attached Files:

#11 Denzil the Ducati, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. The uploaded image is a generic image of a 916SPS Fogarty Replica. It was found on Google and was used to show that this UK bike had the 'helmet holder under the seat' decal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I was more interested in the bike/full picture to be honest with you:upyeah:

14. This is really useful. Can you confirm that the 916SPS book definitely showed the same decals (as listed on the 748 parts book page 91-92) without decals 6 and 4 ( the emissions decals)?

15. Oh OK. Maybe when it's finished.

#15 jb1000rr, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information