1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 916

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Christy, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducati 916 Biposto 1998 (R reg) *Now Sold*

After a lot of deliberation have decided to reduce the fleet and (I will probably regret it) part with my 916, as I don’t use it as much as my other bikes. I bought it from a dealer back in 2015. after wanting one since they came out. It has had two previous owners. Apparently it had been stored since 2006.

The bike was recommissioned and serviced by the dealer and a new fuel pump, filter, rear brake calliper and master cylinder installed at the time.

I have done @ 3000 miles in 3 years of ownership. All road miles, as I don’t do track days. It has now covered 31,875 miles.

I have just changed the belts, (Thanks Exige) torqued the generator bolt, stripped and cleaned the clutch and changed the oil, filter and coolant. Iridium plugs are fitted and these were checked and are ok. I fitted a new battery earlier this year and I changed the fork oil last year. The Pirelli Diablo tyres have plenty of life left in them. The MOT runs to August 2019.

Most of the carbon items on the bike are Ducati Performance products. These consist of front mudguard, Key guard , tank protector, sprocket cover, heel plates, exhaust guard and rear hugger / chain guard. I am unsure of the make of the carbon v - piece. and the vented clutch cover is carbon too.

It is also fitted with an Ohlins steering damper, 45mm Carbon Termignoni silencers (which sound glorious) and a Ducati Performance clutch pressure plate. I fitted an Oberon clutch slave which makes the clutch easier. The seat unit is from a 748R, so is genuine Ducati.

I have applied logos to the fairing sides but these can be easily removed if required, as they are not lacquered in. They are not hiding anything.

The bike comes with the handbook and two keys. Unfortunately there is no service history from the previous owners. Apparently this was lost, however the bike seems to have been well maintained. The previous owners must have spent a fortune on the extras.

I am looking for £4,900

[​IMG]IMG_2344 by Christopher Horton, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2348 by Christopher Horton, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2345 by Christopher Horton, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_2346 by Christopher Horton, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Christy, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Looks Nice and Clean and everybody should have a guzzi in their collection:upyeah:

3. Hey. The pic links are bust.

I normally play "guess the price" as I read an advert. Yours was (very unusually) lower then my guess.

GLWS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have just been playing with the links. I was trying to get the pics to show in the post. Failed!

5. Sussed it. You should see some pictures now.

6. You are welcome to my allocation of Guzzi Ditch Pumps, I just don't like them at all.
    Never ridden one, never wanted to.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. What have you got:thinkingface:pictures

8. I linked to my photo gallery while I sorted out posting photos properly.

I am the local rep for the Guzzi club too, so the Guzzi fetish runs deep :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. No pictures XH558, but I couldn't resist replying to your comment even though Chris has already warned me about my anti-Guzzi blasphemy one evening at the Goodmanham Arms.

10. Chris is right on this one:upyeah:

11. Now on ebay

12. Wow that seems cheap...

13. I wasn't sure what to ask. Hopefully I am being realistic.

14. I think if someone wants one to ride rather than stash and speculate then this has to be worth a look.

15. Thats what I bought it for :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Now sold

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information