1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916sps Fogarty Rep

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Moto Technica, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Ive been doing a little home work and was wondering how many are left of the original 202 & who has a Foggy Rep.

I have started to compile a list of frame numbers from the 202 bikes from 1998 but it appears the plaque numbered yoke doesn't fall in order like the frame numbers do so making things a little hard work.

I understand Moto-Cinelli was the importer (no longer trading) that would of had a full list.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks Lee

2. I had no. 160, frame no. 001651, engine no. 001895.
    Dunno where it is now but I still have the plaque "certificato di autenticita", and the numbered key ring.

3. How come you didn't let them go with the bike? Are you keeping them or would you sell the key ring?

Cheers Lee

4. Everything that came with it at purchase should stay with it through out its life. IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Keeping them mate. Try to hang on to the stuff like that when I sell on. A lot of folk dont know what they should be getting or dont give a shite. Its nice to keep for the memories.
    Traded that bike for a new 996R back in the day. Cant remember the numbers for that but, will have them somewhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I know the bikes came with a signed foggy cover, key ring, a signed plaque (with frame number, engine number and serial number 1/202), and a numbered plaque on the top yoke.
    Id like to know each frame number with each serial number. I will one day purchase one (hopefully in the next year).
    I already have a 1997 916SPS, a 1999 748SPS and 2002 748R (currently building) and like a Foggy rep to add to the collection.
    So this exercise is just for my history if I can find them all.
    So far I have located numbers 002, 026, 028, 036, 075, 104, 113, 117, 121 and 126.

frame numbers dont go in order of serial plaque number. Otherwise it'd be easy to work out each frame number to plaque number.

I.e
    002 - 001529
    075 - 001680
    104 - 001723
    117 - 001719
    121 - 001702

Cheers

Lee

7. image.jpg Thats the plaque thing. No Foggy sig there. Keyring has one etched into it and then painted in. No mention of the x/202 either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ive only ever seen one other of this, also apparently, the bikes came with a letter from moto-cinellis?

10. Dont recall any letter, but possibly? I sold this back in 2002.
    From what I remember you got - cover, rear stand, keyring, the thing above and a sticker pack, as the bike came without them on. The sig was a white transfer lacquered onto the tank.
    I got my sticker pack added by a body shop and lacquered in permanently.

11. Hi Urekajohn,

Yes please, I'm after as much info on these bikes so I can document it away ready for when I can afford to buy one.

Cheers Lee

12. I got Foggy rep 014 .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Your a very lucky man!
    Could you help in my quest?

14. There,s 2 on ebay , one of them is number 63

15. Every man needs a hobby...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. they also came with a service book, that is for a foggy rep.
    Mine is No. 184 -001616

17. I saw my first ever 916sps I. The flesh today....well outside of a museum or show anyway.

Wrapped under a Ducati bike cover in the back of a small industrial estate bike workshop!

Tank was off as fuel pump gone, been standing a long time. I didn't take note of the number on the plaque (silly me).

It is for sale although at what price ?

Very interesting and sadly out of my reach cash wise right now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have number 78...had it from new. I had mine in August 98, every owner who bought the bike before the NEC bike show that year were invited to a presentation evening at the bike museum, was a good night, Foggy presented us with the plaques & a T shirt, so you can add that to the list of goodies that came with the bikes.

I had a sticker pack, cover, plaque, key ring & stand.

I'll dig my frame & engine numbers out later.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The workshop had a custom made "chopper" with a bloody dodge viper engine in it?? Crazy, huge, no side stand as it can stay upright due to the enormous rear wheel..will put a pic up...bloody Goliath of a bike

20. Where's @Ducbird ? she loves a big chopper

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information