1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 916sps

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Nick72, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ducati 916sps for sale.
    In very good condition, loads of paperwork and old MOT's to back up mileage of 6159. Two previous owners, marchesini wheels plus standard, termi cans plus standard. I've got the original paddock stand and red cover ( which I think is original).
    It ws last serviced 2 years ago but not used since.
    Looking for £15,000. 20190826_144323.jpg 20190826_143228.jpg 20190826_143312.jpg 20190826_144130.jpg
    20190826_144422.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Thanks. Forgot to mention it is one of the last 916's on a W reg. Unfortunately by this time Ducati had run out of yoke plaques so this was supplied from new without one, apparently this wasn't uncommon. I have two letters confirming this and that it is a genuine sps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. That's a very late year for registration with the DVLA,must be a bike sitting around in the showroom for sometime,contact @Messer for details for manufacturing a replacement plaque as he had the some trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yep I have a couple , as I just had another batch made up as a few people asked for them. Drop me a line if you need one

• Like Like x 2
  5. Please let me know how much they are? It would be good to have one. Thanks

6. Price reduced to £14,000.

7. It's bloody shame without the badge & correct number on the top yoke but nevertheless a great bike as it stands.Would love to know if the factory had this same attitude with other numbered models past/present:thinkingface:

8. Not any more.
    I bought the bike with the stickers on nine or ten years ago and at the time they never bothered me. As time has gone on they started to annoy me but I thought I'd see if it would sell as it is.
    I realise everyone wants things as standard as possible so I've sent the fairings away to have the stickers professionally removed.
    If you look at my bike, on the rear tail, the white on the number board is higher than the standard sps, more like the Foggy rep. I'm having this corrected and the number board on the front sprayed red, as per standard.
    When I get the fairings back they will be as original as possible, with the correct Ducati decal on the side.
    Hopefully this will look much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. With the wheels and decals, someone in the last has defo had it as a foggy rep

10. It was a pretty good copy to be fair. It originally had black magnesium wheels but the finish on the laquer had gone "crazy" so I swapped them for a mint gold set. I've still got the magnesium wheels but I'm going to re-use them on a track project.
    Unfortunately it was just a Foggy copy therefore it has to go back to standard as far as possible. (The only thing I'm struggling to find is genuine black wing mirrors that haven't been painted.)

11. Like you say most people prefer as standard as possible including me :laughing: !! Did you get a yoke plaque to go on it or did you not bother as like you say you have Ducati papers as proof?
    Ill be honest and say that i am looking around at the mo for an SPS and some people are asking big money for them. I came across your one by accident some how !!
    Ive got a 2001 900ss ie iv'e had for about 5 years.

12. I have got a plaque now as well which I'll fit when I get chance.
    It is a mint bike with a lot lower mileage than many on the market that seem to be asking top money. Whether any are selling at the moment remains to be seen.
    Once the fairings are back on I'll update the pictures and see if there's any interest. As the saying goes it doesn't eat anything so I'll keep it. I've got too many bikes so I thought I'd sell this one.

13. I have a couple of sets of those kicking around!

14. I,m interested,it is mint like you say and low mileage,look forward to seeing the updated photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information