1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 959 - Track Bike Possibly Break

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Spence, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is Our spare bike. Bought in case we needed an engine or parts this year...

It’s a stock road bike. 2573 miles on clock. Bought as a cat b. So doesn’t have a v5.

I’ve ridden it once to make sure it was all good and it even had more power than my race bike on dyno.

So it’s on stock suspension, got a motoholder front fairing bracket and a side exhaust.

will put some pics up when I get in garage.

£6000

2. Pics of the frame damage that saw it get Cat B'd ?

3. No frame damage. I’ll be in garage later and get pics of bike

4. As being from outside UK can anybody please enlighten me on what’s cat b?

Sure it’s some insurance/ write off stuff, but what in detail?

Raoul

5. Technically, a B write off should be destroyed and only parts used. Many have the frame number etched off too, making the right paperwork important to make sure it’s not confiscated at racing.

Spence has raced this at bsb rounds so sure that’s in order

6. Thanks a lot folks!

Raoul

7. Not raced this bike, will be selling with no paperwork. For spares...

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. How the bike stands at moment

7F350BD2-9530-435F-B9B1-4932564B7A55.jpeg

44C1560B-CC15-4697-8382-97C08D0971A3.jpeg

BF2E77C5-92AF-414B-9CAF-4903B598D2DE.jpeg

9. Having confirmed with the salvage company I purchased this bike through. There is no Law stating that the frame has to be cut, numbers removed. Confirmed its Not a legal requirement. I was sold the bike as a track/race bike not for road use, as I will sell.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Changed a bit, but this should be a S/N category now. As wasn't any structural damage to frame, was engine casing damage, and with the unknown state of engine they wrote bike off. Can provide photos of how the bike was bought to interested parties in PM

• Like Like x 1
  11. Had a quick look into this.

Insurance Categories aren’t set out by law they are insurance industry standards. See relevant quotes from linked document below.

“The categories are an agreed insurance industry standard which is not legally binding and has no input/enforcement from the Police. The salvage categorisation is recognised by all relevant industry stakeholders and has become increasing recognised by consumers as a consumer guide.”

It seems that back in October 2015 the DVLA decided to abolish vehicle identity checks and at the same time removed the ability to get a new V5 for a CAT A or CAT B.

“The Department intends to abolish the VIC scheme, but retain the existing requirements on insurers to destroy the registration document for vehicles that have sustained structural damage and have been declared unsuitable for repair. This will also ensure that vehicles that have been categorised as a Cat A or B are not able to get a new registration document and get back on the road.”

So even if a vehicle is deemed a CAT B it isn’t a legal requirement that is is destroyed or broken for parts. It is a legal requirement for an insurer to destroy the V5 of such a vehicle and that means it can never go back in the road as it cannot obtain a V5.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukia/2015/274/pdfs/ukia_20150274_en.pdf

As long as legal ownership of the bike can be proven there is absolutely no reason this bike cannot be raced or used as a track bike - a V5 isn’t proof of ownership - so as long as there is a chain of receipts all is good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Anyone? I Will chuck in a set of front fairings and screen. Open to close offers.

13. Need the money to get the new bike built and racing season on the go.

14. Offers anyone?

15. SOLD

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information