1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 996s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Fastmonkey, Jun 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here we have for sale my much loved Ducati 996s. It is a very cherished bike and history is as follows:

Supplied brand new in the UK from Chris Clarke Motorcycles to the very first owner Mr Martin Shirley, who according to the PDI Certificate took ownership on the 26.10.02 so the bike is on a 52 plate so it makes it very much one of the last 996s models reg wise.

He ordered it as a biposto model and at the time of his order also ordered the specific 996s monoposto seat to be delivered with it and this was fitted from new. The original dual seat is as new in the original Ducati box. He also specified the genuine Termignoni end cans and eprom and from what I found out at time of buying, these were fitted after the running in service. The original cans are in the Termignoni box.

It also has a carbon fibre swingarm guard, carbon fibre rear hugger, carbon fibre dash cover and carbon fibre mudguard. The original red mudguard is yes you guessed it, in the original box and like brand new.

Mr Shirley serviced the bike 12 times according to the invoice copies I have (there may be some paperwork he missed) with the flaking rocker issue rectified at Pro Twins plus the service in 2014 at nearly £1800.

I acquired the bike on 30.6.2015 and am only the 2nd recorded keeper, in my time it has had belts and service in 16,18,20 and most recently the belts done at Ducati Alton in March 2022, with oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluid and a new battery all done by myself with receipts to prove.

Mileage is 11,807 and it is on Bridgestone s22 tyres.

It has done 1 x track day at the Ducati Owners Club Day at Silverstone where it had yellow Xerox panels on to save the Ducati OEM panels from any possible stone chips or damage.

Masses and masses of paperwork, paper copies of all services, PDI sheet, Chris Clarke Wallet, all owners manuals, booklets etc, both keys.

Any inspection welcome in West Byfleet, Surrey.

£11,499 - Only part ex I’d consider is a very high spec 125cc late model trials bike for my son !

Some taster pics, more detailed ones to follow tomorrow.

for advert.jpg 50fb604e-2b3c-45ad-bc54-9391c2e55c2f_zpstkvdwawd.JPG Belts service at Snells.jpg

#1 Fastmonkey, Jun 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Been umming and errring on this so never did update the original add and officially put it up for sale !

But I have done now and taken all the photos etc- today. Summer prices are long gone so £8999 takes it. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  3. Lovely bike this! If my r1 was sold I’d have a serious look

• Like Like x 1
  4. NOW SOLD.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information