1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 998 2002

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by canaryman, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very low mileage 2228,owned for the last 9 years. Belts renewed every 2/3 years. Oil and filter done every year whilst being MOT'D. Immaculate condition. Lots of receipts and paperwork,£10,450.Bike can be viewed on autotrader and car and classic.

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Gosh, is it really worth twice as much as a 999??

3. Holy moly, thats clean ...... GLWS

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. there is a hair on the speedo, that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There’s a few non R 999’s around £10k on EBay.
    Normally this would be £7 to £8k with around 10,000 miles so what’s the low mileage and condition worth to some :thinkingface: a good £2k I would think?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hi, just to let you know, offending hair now removed. I appreciate that the price I've put on the bike might seem overinflated to some, however everything is as they say, negotiable, in that if an offer was forthcoming, without being ridiculously low, I would have to consider it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. More thoughts on my 998 price. Before deciding what price to ask, I looked on Autotrader at what was being asked for all 916/996/998, prices ranged from 8K/23K miles up to 13K/11.5K miles(I've left out any SPS/R versions), obviously the trade sales were more than the private sales. That's not to say any of these bikes advertised would actually sell for these prices, however I had to start somewhere, because as they say,"you can always come down in price but you can't go up"....ps the bike is stunning with an interesting reason for the low mileage which was 1500 when I purchased it in 2010.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ok folks, it's time to bite the bullet and lower the asking price of my 998. So basically I've lowered the price by £500, so now it's down to £9950, so let's see if we get any takers this time, frustrating I know, but that's how things go sometime!

9. I hope that last comment was a tongue in cheek comment. Obviously all the previous MOT's will confirm that the mileage is genuine and not that the bikes been given a "haircut" as I think it's referred to in the trade!.....I'll try and get a second photo which will hopefully show all the digits in line.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. As per my recent message under the 916/996/998 section, I've lowered the price down to £9500,let's see what happens!

11. Looks like a keeper... how come you're parting with it?

12. Basically, old age has finally caught up with me, well mainly my knees. Plus, and you can blame my parents for this, I've unfortunately inherited the short leg syndrome, and although the seat height is listed as 790mm, by the time you get to the rear of the seat, it's well over 800mm. So every journey is fraught with the chance of dropping it, and my nerves have had enough!...I'm not giving up biking altogether as I've recently bought a Triumph T120, seat height also 790mm however it's 790mm along it's entire length. Bliss!!

13. I've a 748 and a 999s... the idea of a bike that basically is an optimal version of the two... = :heart:

The 998 is going to be the one, I'm fairly sure of it... wish I had the cash (anyone want a 999s and a 748?).

14. Hi there
    I assume the bike is Uk supplied new and comes with all the books?
    Lovely by the way

15. As long as you consider Northern Ireland as part of the UK, which last time I looked it was. I purchased the bike in 2010 from a guy who owned a hotel, within which he had created a motorsport room. The Ducati along with a Honda SP2 was kept on a wall within the motorsport room. I visited the main dealer(Hursts of Belfast) viewed the bike, bought it and had it shipped over to myself in wales. So it is a UK supplied bike, comes with all the books/keys etc, the only thing that might appear odd is the registration plate which reads NCZ 1155, although I assume whoever buys the bike, fingers crossed, might want to change it to a plate relevant to the year of manufacture, i.e 2002. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi there
    Appreciate the info on the bike, I will have a think

17. ok, no problem. I appreciate any questions regarding the bike:upyeah:

18. That is a correct NI (UK) plate so no need to change it, you would need to go personal plate to do so and then make it look older

19. Ok thanks for clearing that up:upyeah:

20. Ho worries, at first glance when you are not familiar you think - is that an Army plate? :thinkingface:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information