1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 999 Bip 2005 Deep-sump Project

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by matapaca, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This might be a little unusual as I am selling a whole bike but in a state of undress.

A little history. I purchase the bike back in 2011 with around 12,000 miles on the clock. I used it for the occaisional road run and just loved having a Ducati. One day i had to use it to go to London to work as the commuter wouldn't start, I hadn't used it for a long while and as I pulled away the left brake siezed and i came off. I wasn't too concerned as i had intentions of taking her to the track. i got to Almeria back in 2016 and put on an old black tail section. I was on the way to converting her to a track bike. At Almeria i came off, kept her upright till almost the end then strached up the other side.

After Almeria I bought an oversized exhaust and some used track panels and that is where the story ends. Nothing else happened. Except for a fusion operation on my lower spine which means I've not had the inclination to get on with the job, so she is up for sale for someone that wants to set up a track bike or return her to the road with a fair amount of TLC.

She is just over 16,000 miles.

She has an Ohlins shock and a new shock link stabiliser arm (can't remember the name). Pads were new for Almeria, just fitted a new battery and she started no worries.

Price: £4,500

Photos: please view here: https://intelligentmedia-my.sharepo...5At87GmGExD80BeAVqbUTeKv7UJx9wZOaQcw?e=OiUkJp

The black tail section, bracket for clocks and second hand track fairings will come with the bike unless they are unwanted (nominal value £50)

I will sell seperately the performance race exhaust unless someone would like to make an offer on the lot. There is one section of pipe missing that I was intending to have made fitted to the bike. Price: £500
    Photos: https://intelligentmedia-my.sharepo...NOrHxsyeHCX24BJPGQtE_cN-O6W-56qIqGyg?e=414I0d

Someone suggested parting her out but I think she's way too good to split up and I'd rather she be kept whole and give someone a lot of fun.

thanks
    Matthew

2. Thanks @Sev.

Matapaca, this is exactly the sort of project 999 I was looking for last year and early this year, but unfortunately things have changed for us and my bike projects have had to step aside in favour of more important but far more boring drains on our finances.
    So I'll have to pass annoyingly, having previously put so much unsuccessful effort into finding exactly what you are selling.

I will obviously keep an eye on this thread, and if I'm able to change anything before it's sold I will be in touch, but I'm sure it will sell very quickly.

Nasher.

#3 Nasher, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  3. Hi Nasher

I know what you mean. The financial thumb screws are tightening all the time. Maybe we can discuss I'll send you a pm.
    Cheers

4. Deposit taken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sold and looking forward to seeing the renovation project pics. Good luck Nasher

• Like Like x 1
  7. That’s fab, looking forward to renovation too
    Thread closed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information