1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 999 Bip

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Denzil the Ducati, May 15, 2022.

1. Soon and very reluctantly, I am having to sell my beloved 999. Rather than go through the usual palaver I will post scant details here for now to test the interest. I don’t want to put it on ebay and there is no hurry to sell. If you are interested then please message me. I will provide more details and photos for anyone seriously interested but will need to dig the bike out to take additional photos when requested.

MY03 53 plate 999 Bip. (Prefacelift, cast swinging arm, as Terblanche intended it but with the shallow sump engine for those that don’t know the model history)

11,500(approx.) miles, HPI clear, last MoT ran out in May 2020 and it is on a SORN

It is currently fitted with a mono seat and tail fairing fitted on a modified bip sub frame, it has an aftermarket tail tidy/rear light unit and rear indicators.

The clutch and cam belt covers in the photos are no longer fitted. Now has CF belt covers and an OEM silver clutch cover.

Fitted with Termignoni asymmetric race box with a Mivv decat front pipe and DP air filters, Exact Start leads, R1 throttle tube and very recent 15/38 sprockets with DID gold chain.

It is custom mapped by CJS and pulls like a train.

It was regularly serviced by Louigi Moto but has been sat under a bike cover in my garage since late summer 2019 so it will need a fluids and belt service.

Lots of receipts and history inc all mots, I have owned it since Nov 2015.

3 keys (1 red and 2 black) but no code card, Immobilizer has been deactivated

Its nearly showroom, very clean and tidy in much better nick than most of the ones I have seen for sale on ebay over the last 5 years

I have a hardly used bip seat fairing, sub frame, red pillion seat pad (BNIB), pillion pegs, rear light cluster, number pate mounting frame and rear light cluster available. Also have other spare parts up for sale including spare decat front pipe, OEM cat front pipe, later style coils, BNIB lower fairing panel, cast swinging arm and chain adjusters.

Looking for around £5.25k as is, plus a little extra for any spares or the bip seat unit.

Comments and advice welcome

CIMG1047.JPG CIMG1049.JPG CIMG1052.JPG CIMG1054.JPG CIMG1032.JPG

#1 Denzil the Ducati, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sad to read this, if I were looking to buy a 999 I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this bike, and hopefully people on here will realise just what an opportunity this is. Good luck with the sale Andy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A lot of bike for the money.....

4. its too cheap!!
    im holding out for something newer but id be all over this if in the market for another niner

5. I have to say I'd agree with the other comments, I think you are selling yourself short compared to prices advertised elsewhere, but if you need shot of it quickly and painlessly then so be it.

On the other hand, it's only worth what somebody will pay, and nobody appears to have bitten your hand off yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. play nice its only been up a few hours and most ducatis sold are not bought off the forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the comments folks, price is lower than I would have hoped but there are many of them that have sat on ebay for months for not a lot more, many from dealers. However I have adjusted the price a little

8. Gut wrenching for you I suspect. I would cast my net wider straight away. Limited market here. You could stick it on eBay for £1500 more and invite offers?

9. Jack, it is gut wrenching. It might end up on ebay but for now I am trying to avoid that, for all the usual reasons.

10. Or stick it in storage for 10 years...they'll be worth a good bob or two eventually. Seriously misunderstood motorcycle at the time.

11. I've bought two bikes off here in two years.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bought one. Sold one. :upyeah:
    But still think bigger net is better.

13. DucatIbay :upyeah::)
    Anyway, sorry to drift off topic, Good Luck Andy, bound to get some interest at this time of year.

14. Is thus still available?

If so, where are you based?

15. Hi Robert, I have 'started a conversation' with you. Bike is still available

16. Bike is still available, price adjusted again

17. Sensible offers?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information