1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Ducati 999 Slipper Clutch

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Etherion, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Hello,

I am looking to buy a slipper clutch for a 999r and wonder what is the better solution?

On one of my previous 999r, it had a bucci slipper but I had a few issues with it. Even though the dealer managed to make it much better, it definitely wasn't the best slipper i'ved used.

Therefore wondering what other options if any or if Bucci is the way to go.

I know there are a few second hand on ebay but not sure if they need many new parts.

Or STM?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STM-dry-...370309&hash=item1a3f8e147e:g:hocAAOSwRQxaT6AS

Or Ducati Performance?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-P...417060?hash=item41dbdab264:g:6QUAAOSwcwhVQPvI

Anyone used any of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-e...032825?hash=item3b0744ff79:g:MXgAAOSwVoFau2Kj

2. Corse/F05 four post slipper with Surflex alu plates treated with lithium grease = perfect. Smooth engagement, neutral easy to find even with oversized slave and it's quieter than my previous 48t clutches (with steel plates).

IMG_3460.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Very happy with my DucaBike on my base 999.

4. And what if you dont gave access to all this corse stuff?

How much is it by the way?

5. I’ve fitted several Sigma units and they’ve been faultless. 48t option as well. Spares back up is good as is advice on set up. STM are classic as are Bucci.
    Thing is, there are a lot of copies out there, also of the corse 4 posts... make sure you know where it’s coming from.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Forza Moto have them at 699€. Is that good?

7. Ah, so that's what's on my Bayliss 1098R race bike, I did wonder....cool :cool::upyeah:

8. Wot ziggy said. :)

Dunno, seems reasonable given most seem to rock in at 5-600 quids :)

9. Tell us more about the plates treated with lithium grease :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, wonder if mine is Lithium'd up :thinkingface: will it set fire :eek:

11. They are available 2nd hand easily, including new ones, no need for any factory connections.

As stated by @JoeC they are available from Forza - I bought mine from Kevin as well. Recommended. Plates were bought separately from Bursi Evolution, but the stack height needed correcting with one or two 1.5mm steels from Ducabike.

The lithium grease trick should be known by anyone with a dry clutch Duc and there are a lot of threads discussing it, including this one: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/123775-grabby-shreiking-clutch-how-i-cured.html

EDIT: The version of the F0 clutch I have uses ramps instead of ball bearings so it has a minimal amount of parts compared to an STM Evoluzione which looks like it was designed by a drunken dimwit (you need to open the 190Nm center nut to remove plates, because why the fuck not?). You "need" special grease to take care of the ramps. I use Molykote M77.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes, despite all of the scorn, piss-taking and derision from sceptics, the lithium grease trick works a treat.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. The 1st I've heard of this. o_O Interesting. :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. so do you just wipe the friction surfaces over and bring them up to temperature and then just wipe off the excess?

15. best not tell @AirCon ... he no likee lithium
    ** puts hard hat on and gets sandbags ready **

@jusutus , the only thing I can see as a disagvantage is that it's quiet... I do love a ton of bolts in a cement mixer clutch rattle.

16. Sigma faultless

17. Just ordered an STM 6 post (non evo) slipper for my 1098R.

18. Two versions.
    One is to just wipe on and remove excess.
    Second is to do the same but follow up with baking in the oven at 200c till the smoke stops.
    Alleged advantage is the effect lasts longer. The disadvantage is the stink.

#18 Old rider, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Super happy with my STM

• Like Like x 1
  20. STM 48T on mine as well. Can’t fault it, neautral easier to find then with my std clutch.
    Haven’t greased the plates or owt like but use an STM clutch slave and Brembo billet master.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information