1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 999s 2003-2004 Horizontal De-cat Link Pipe

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by TheJackal, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Hi,

Looking for a 03/04 999s (deep sump engine) horizontal de-cat link-pipe. This must be for the banana swingarm model 999 and not the black box (2005+) swingarm.

2. I believe the newer 2005+ model will fit your bike. Or does the 2003/04 fairing gets to close to the exhaust?

decat.jpg

Picture is of an 2005/06 model

#2 mrfurry, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  3. I actually bought one of those but when trying to fit it found that:

• Part where the pipe goes up past the swingarm is slightly thicker and rubs against the swingarm plus the extra thickness doesn't give the pipe enough inward angle to mate up to the silencer
    • Bracket where the rubber stop goes isn't angled in the correct way

IMG_7543.JPG

OEM on the left and the same as you suggested on the right.

4. I believe the one on the right is an 2003 model. See difference with mine picture. I have an 2005/06

5. Needs the one for the deep sump grey swing arm. The one for the black swing arm will not fit.

6. Weird....it wouldn't fit up properly.

7. Not one to give up quickly I pulled the pipe out of its box before returning and tried fitting it up again.

Its definitely the 96432403B but, have a look for yourselves at what it looks like when trying to get the vertical frame bracket to line up. This is as good as it gets.

A few centimeters out from where it should be and as a result touches the subframe:

IMG_7565.JPG

Can't go up any higher:

IMG_7566.JPG

Its definitely a deep sump link pipe:

IMG_7567.JPG

And this picture shows the real source of the issue:

IMG_7568.jpg

From my understanding the 96432403B Termignoni link pipe will work but probably with a different (Termignoni) horizontal cylinder exhaust manifold as the exit angle/length must be slightly different.

Have a look at this photo, it sort of exaggerates the issue but they're lined up from the exit towards the front:

IMG_7569.JPG

8. Have a look at the photos, think I've found the issue. Need the correct manifold!

Probably easier/cheaper to just buy a second OEM pipe and have it gutted.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information