1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati And Mt Distribution Present Pro-iii, The Most Advanced Electric Scooter From Ducati

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Ducati and MT Distribution present PRO-III, the most advanced electric scooter of the Ducati Urban e-Mobility line
    • The new PRO-III is the most advanced electric scooter in the Ducati urban micro-mobility range thanks to the use of new NFC contactless connectivity technology
    • The new battery allows an autonomy of up to 50 km on a single charge, making it the ideal vehicle for daily trips around the city
    • PRO-III is available at dealers and in the official Ducati e-shop
    Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 3 November 2021 - Ducati continues to expand its urban micro-mobility line and presents the new PRO-III electric scooter, developed by the licensee and commercial partner MT Distribution, with the support of the Centro Stile Ducati.

PRO-III is the most technically advanced scooter in the Ducati Urban e-mobility line. The vehicle is switched on using innovative NFC technology, the contactless connection method. PRO-III is in fact equipped with a token that allows you to start the scooter simply by bringing it close to the display, allowing the use of the vehicle only to the owner in possession of the chip.

The technical characteristics of the vehicle make it ideal for those who want to move around the city, thanks to the 350W brushless motor capable of providing 515W of peak power, and to the 468Wh enhanced battery, that guarantees great autonomy covering up to 50 km with a single charge.

The riding experience is made even safer by the 10" wheels with anti-puncture tubeless tyres, the braking system, consisting of double front and rear disc brakes, and the powerful LED lights that allow to see even in low light conditions and at night. Finally, the magnesium frame guarantees lightness and strength and, by better absorbing vibrations, makes the use of the scooter more comfortable.

The scooter's display is equipped with a USB port that allows you to recharge the smartphone or other devices while in use. Thanks to the Ducati Urban e-mobility App , designed and developed by Italdesign, a service company for the mobility industry known all over the world and part of the Volkswagen group like Ducati, users can stay constantly updated on the main functions and performance of the vehicle, such as battery charge level, distance travelled and the last known position. It is also possible to access technical assistance services in real time, even via WhatsApp chat.

The PRO-III is available at Ducati dealerships and in the official Ducati e-shop, as well as in consumer and specialized electronics shops and major online stores.

Further information on all products in the Ducati Urban e-Mobility range are available on the website www.ducatiurbanemobility.com

2. And still illegal to use on public highways, byways and pavements/cycle paths in the UK unless it is hired from a bona fide business. Andy

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. This is a cool thing

upload_2021-11-3_16-20-17.png

4. my son had been using a electric scooter in London for over 12 months, but in may he was stopped by the police in a large clamp down on them. He had to pay £150 ot get it back and was fined £300 with 6 penalty points fo no insurance.
    Round my way west/mids loads of kids as young as 10 are flying around on them, not surprising as they sell them in Halfords and Currys

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jesus, I bet that pissed him off... 6 points is a right old sting.... :mad:

I had no idea the legal implications of these things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It’s ridiculous tho, it’s the it, doing some kid the same as another kid who’s nicked a car and terrorised locals with 80mph in 30 zones

7. Exactly. I'm pretty certain those menacing oxygen thief's buzzing about on scooters are not taxed, tested or insured. But typical plod, pick the low hanging fruit, the easy stuff. Nail the gimmies. Tossers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yep. It’s a numbers game.

9. I think these things are death traps and should either be banned or if legalised it should be made for a restricted speed and users must wear a helmet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Disagree. Sick of nanny state creep. If you play about on them and hurt yourself, it’s your own fault. Wear PPE if you like.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. And what about the innocent people that get hurt some of the twats that ride these?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I have ridden my scooter for four years in London. Was stopped once and given a warning, but luckily no penalties.

Now of course there are hundreds of the bloody things lying around the streets.

I wear a bright climbing helmet, gloves, extra lights and get off and walk when the traffic gets stupid.

The rental users are not obliged to wear any protective clothing nor have a license.

They are "legal", I am not because mine is privately owned.

I am now having a rental name painted on the side of mine to look legit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not enough to be a concern. Very rare. Where do you draw the line? Bicycles? Joggers?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Bicycles are generally riden sensible and on the roads or in Cycle lanes, that round here anyway.

These E-Scooters round here are riden on and off the roads and pavements, these riders think its ok to ride a bit on road and then a bit on the pavements at full speed, they litterally go where they like without a care in the world! I've actually clocked a few of these doing 25mph+ on the pavements going past garden gates, property front doors etc... They need proper legislation, insurance and be forced to wear protective helmets imo.

We as motorcycle riders have to pass driving tests and get insured and follow the rules, the guys I see riding these E-Scooters round here don't give a flying crap about road safety for others around them. Why should this be allowed?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Laughing at the ‘cycles are ridden sensibly’ statement.

If they are going to ban anything it should be davros chariots….

#15 bradders, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. Make everyone wear hi viz and a helmet?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Hi viz polite vest. Just so we know.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Sorting this out is not rocket science; though Shapps might not be bright enough. A simple system to cover most eventualities without ruining the entire idea could be:

Speed restriction to max 10mph for all under 16s.
    Mandatory third party insurance for all riders -regardless of age.
    Over 16s allowed bigger & faster scooters, must attend basic orientation on safety (aimed to prevent them endangering others) for an hour, liable for points on license for speeding & dangerous riding etc.
    All car motorcycle license holders to be allowed full use without further tests.
    Road & bicycle lane only -no pavement use, subject to Highway code regs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just teach people they should have consideration for others. That’s all that needed. No spurious schemes that criminalise kids of 10 for daring to want to ride a scooter around the park.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. And make it same as cycles: under 15mph (or whatever it is) no need for anything. Over that treat as motor vehicle. Easy. Peasy. Solved for zero tax payer money.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information