1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Anti-theft System

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Alan-g, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Hi all,

Anyone got an opinion on the Ducati Anti-theft system? Looking at possibly getting one when i get my new hyper?

Not expecting it to offer any real theft protection, more to deter people who get a bit too close kinda thing if iv nipped into a shop etc.

2. Do you go running to someones car alarm going off?

Get yourself a GPS tracker such as biketrac which ducati dealers can install & validate (no discount though). Other systems are available but that is a big help with insurance. 3-year tracker package is the best one to go for imho.

For some reason my semi local dealership didn't advertise they are a BikeTrac distributor. Until I mentioned I wanted to see about installing a GPS system to track the location of my bike.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ditto for biketrak and a big fuck off disc lock

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Like the OP I wanted something that would alert me to a tip over or someone fiddling with the bike. Bike is parked outside under a cover when at home, I already have other good quality physical security and the aforementioned biketrac fitted. I would certainly react to an alarm, I live in town but a quiet area. Also it's more for when out and about in the UK or on tour and I may have no choice but to leave the bike with just a disk lock. Biketrac is great but if I can pre-empt the theft in the first place so much the better. Not all of us live in big cities where bike thieves will brazenly continue to work on your disk lock whilst an alarm sounds. I will do everything to minimise the risk of theft or vandalism of my P&J, have had bikes stolen on three occasions and it's not something that I ever wish to repeat.

I do have the Ducati Anti Theft Alarm but haven't yet gotten around to fitting it as; at first attempt the instructions didn't give the correct location for the loom socket. I then discovered that it was delivered with flat remote batteries so had to order some more. Will maybe get around to it over the next week...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ducati also now do a disc lock device which is very nice. No movement at all in the front wheel once deployed.

6. Unless something has changed this is a Roadlock with Ducati branding and an appropriate price tag. Also have heard, if it's important to you, that the Ducati one has a different part number/name, despite being the same thing, and is thus not on the approved list of physical security devices with some insurers (not I read this somewhere so needs verification). Would also be dependant on insurer too I suppose. I also understand that the Thatcham approval for the Roadlock has expired...

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. £10 approx. Lift the bike upright like you would kicking the sidestand up - alarm sounds.

For centrestand add another tilt switch at 90 degrees.

The cover switch? - under the seat where the alarm and connections are.

ALARM WIRING SIMPLE.jpg

8. The Roadlock looks good but I’d have to get 2 for my OCD

9. I already have the ducati roadlock and its great, perfect for when your out and about as you dont need to worry about carrying a lock with you as its always there.

Not worried about the bike at home, its pretty secure in the garage. It's more for when im out and about to keep kids/ overley keen ducati enthusiasts from touching/ trying to sit on it. (caught people a few times)

I know noone really looks anymore if they hear an alarm going off, and a professional thief is going to steal it regardless of how many alarms, locks ect u have on it.

Its not the effectiveness of the alarm i need opinions on. Im just wanting to find out if the anti theft system works and is reliable

• Like Like x 1
  10. My pre purchase research led me to believe that it is, at least the version for the Multistrada anyway. I'm a bit concerned about the batteries for the remotes as both of mine were totally flat but time will tell once I get it installed.

The so called factory alarm for my MV, fitted into the specific location in the fairing side panel, failed within two weeks. Filled with water to the extent that when I removed it and inverted it a good mug full poured out... Replaced with a Datatool which worked well.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Roadlok here on the hyper rsv4 and z1000 - as ive got 3 pins i leave one in my leathers, one in my jacket and one in the house....youve never not got a pin on you then...Absolutely brilliant bit of kit. Got 20 quid trackers fitted to all of them and a 5iver on each for data on Giff Gaff...

12. Do you have a link to the £20 tracker your using please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nice one. Thanks :upyeah:
    I had a look on ebay last night. There’s so much choice. I’d rather go for tried and tested.

#14 Itsamonster, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  14. Totally accurate at the moment. . (it's in my garage)

For 20quid it would be foolish not to have that extra layer of security...

15. The easy answer is not to leave them anywhere ... went to B&Q in Npton last week a chap had left his new BMW GS outside got talking to him as you do with all the trinkets just over 18k WTF .... the B&Q area in Npton is a hotspot for scrots ....

16. Yep.... I must say mine, on the whole never gets left anywhere for any length of time when I'm away from it...

• Like Like x 1
  17. I already have an alarm/tracker which is accurate to within a few feet but I agree with you, for £20 this has to be the best £20 you could spend

18. This particular model has saved my mate's friend from loosing his KTM motorcross bike....it got stolen and he recovered in within an hour...(most of that hour was taken assembling associated muscle to retrieve the bike. Police were not called and the perpetrator was assaulted on his own doorstep when he claimed to know nothing about it and didnt have the bike (it was in his garage)....

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information