1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Confirms Its Commitment To Promoting Diversity To Foster An Increasingly Inclusive Workplace

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, May 18, 2021.

1. Ducati confirms its commitment to promoting diversity to foster an increasingly inclusive workplace
    • In European Diversity Month 2021, Ducati confirms its commitment to support diversity and inclusion as essential values in the workplace
    • For the occasion, the company has launched a training course for all employees aimed at increasing awareness and overcoming stereotypes and unconscious prejudices
    Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 18 May 2021 - In May, the European Union celebrates the Diversity Month with the aim of raising community awareness on the importance of diversity and inclusion.

At Ducati, the work environment is increasingly enriched by women and men of different generations, each with their own background, talent, origin, sexual and religious orientation, who all together contribute to creating an innovative, dynamic and productive context.

As a result the "Diversity & Inclusion" path has been defined which, by placing people at the centre, values gender parity and equal treatment, emphasizes language and inclusive actions and enhances diversity as a strategic lever and a real opportunity.

Confirming its commitment to promoting diversity and heterogeneity and creating an inclusive professional environment, Ducati began by involving all members of the Board of Management and company executives with a course entitled "Unconscious bias training", and then extend it to all employees.

Activities related to achieving equal opportunities for factory workers and office employees are also included in the "Diversity & Inclusion" process. Thanks to the Ducati Employees App, all employees can receive information and news directly on their mobile phones. Furthermore, with the Ducati Digital Academy e-learning platform, training is open to the entire company workforce.

"At Ducati we believe that diversity is an important requirement for competitiveness and business success. Creating an environment that fosters freedom of expression for people improves the daily life of each employee, sets an important example and is enriching for the entire company," said Sebastian Patta, Ducati Human Resources Director. "The path we have decided to take at Ducati is that of training, which is why we wanted to make the course on unconscious prejudices available to everyone, aimed at highlighting behavioural models that are not congruent with the current reality".

In Ducati, as in all the companies of the Volkswagen Group, the figures of Diversity Manager and Diversity Officer, who work in the Personnel and Organization department, have been identified; they have the aim of ensuring the development of the company's "Diversity & Inclusion" path.

2. Sad!

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Does inclusivity mean ALL models of bike will now get a working back brake?
    AFAF:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. glad to have a pre-woke Ducati.seriously though...it's not a good look and does not reflect the interests of the customer base in my opinion...i may be wrong,in which case i demand a cry space.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I think this has been imposed on them from German HQ. Heterogenity is not an italian trait and campanilismo is widespread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not exactly...the rear brake will bind on in protest until the rear disc overheats and assumes the appearance of the LGBT rainbow flag, at which time the brake will stop working.

The dealer will check and advise that the brake is woke-ing normally.

Possibly a limited edition ‘Harry & Meghan’ Scrambler in the pipeline as well.

#6 Mr Bimble, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. All companies say the same. It’s not news on 2021

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ‘Say’ being the operative word....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. I wish these sympathy seeking minority groups, would just grow a pair and stop whinging about their lot.
    Its their choice to be what they want to be, I just wish they would get on with it, and stop blaming the rest of the world for their problems.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. It’s all a load of tosh but to be honest I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the statements to be made, small businesses and enterprises have been doing it for quite a while. Will it stop me riding a Ducati…No. Nor will I loose sleep wondering how the toilets are gender assigned there. Give NA a toilet and I will use it, don’t need some stupid sigh to say who can or cannot use it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. How dare these minorities, who have been repressed for generations, fight and speak out for the same basic civil rights and liberties that we all take for granted. How dare they.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. On preferences: I have friends with differing sexual preferences - they are still good people.

Personally, I dont care at all if someone wishes to identify as a walnut and dress up like Epping forest with ballet shoes on the third Sunday of a month with an R in it. If that is what they choose to be in life, get on with it. I really don't mind. It does not affect me so why should i ?

I will not be joining you in sympathy dressing up mind, nor will I be broadcasting my own philosophy to you on my personal sexual and identifying traits at every given opportunity. I just leave it all alone and get on with my own life

If the tiny minority affected could do the same without affecting the vast majority of us because of how they opt to be - I am sure we would all get along just fine.

The thing seems to be - some are not happy to just be that way, there seems to be a desperate need by a few to want to be different, but also tell the world about it many times and look for full approval or even for everyone else to do the same? Then they act all surprised why the less tolerant in society react to it aggressively as some do. I am shocked (but not very much)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brilliant comments.
    There is a guy in our village with a Harley - this does not automatically make him a axe killer but I have not checked so..
    Good on Ducati, if it make one "prosciutto crudo" a little twitchy - I am happy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. First world problems , bring on the apocalypse

• Like Like x 1
  15. @bootsam Well said :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Ducati owners appear to be getting old and sidelined.

The older we get then the more irrelevant we, and our views, become.

17. Good on them

• Like Like x 1
  18. Civil rights and liberties, Mmm let's see. I think all those went out the window when at the beginning of the Plandemic.

19. Exactly, its Soviet times when it comes to diversity and inclusion.

20. So in the future my bike may have been assembled by a 98 year old trans gender goat with a penchant for Eccles cake.
    Let’s hope they have quality control in order.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information