1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Ducati Connect

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by peterTHErider, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Hello ducatistis,
    I own a streetfighter v4s and couple months ago i bought a multistrada v4s!
    Great bike you can ride fast all day long with no need to rest!
    Thats perfect and i am riding the bike almost everyday!
    But there is something i dont like,
    Old models have the ducati link where you can set your bike or see all the stats of the rides you have done!correct?
    Now i cant find something like this.
    When i am checking ducati connect i see that there is space for new apps but its empty!
    Can i get them somewhere or not yet?

Thanks!

2. Ducati are doing a big update in January, might be included then

3. From my experience of this type of tech with both my 1260 Multistrada and the MV Turismo I had previously is that a/ it rarely works to the extent that it's useful, and b/ the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

I accept that the V4 Mutley offers sat nav as part of this but it's limited to the Sygic app. I think there have already been issues reported on here. Why they can't do an Android Auto dash beats me. Sure, there will no doubt be a licence fee but I do use that regularly in my VW.

#3 Bumpkin, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. I'll be fitting my Zumo XT to my Pikes Peak when it arrives, as I don't want to rely on a wobbly interface with known issues when I'm in the middle of nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Can't but agree with that, proven and reliable. Keep the dash for bike related stuff, it's busy enough as it is.

Shame that the XT doesn't act as a hub for rider and passenger headsets; that's my only criticism.

6. I may be wrong but the XT can run as the hub rather than the bike if you choose to connect to the XT rather than the bike . Again not 100 percent but I’m sure I had it then decided to connect to the bike after . I will look again .
    The bike nav is what it it , a Nav .The XT is a gps unit capable of complex personal routes and agree Sygic is okay but limited .

#6 Captain, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Apple CarPlay would be the ideal solution, but I can’t see that ever happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I think the Africa Twin has it but not aware of any other bikes that do.

To be honest most OEM car satnavs have their limitations too. Its hard to beat Apple Carplay with Google maps but I believe they all need a hard connnection to work effectively..

9. It’s wireless in my 8 Series, and works perfectly every time. I’ve had zero issues with it.

#9 Multirider75, Dec 8, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  10. As stated in my earlier post; I have Android Auto, it also does Apple Carplay, in my VW. Yes, requires a hard connection to work and routing is limited to Google Maps so pretty well point A to point B. Very effective at that though, maybe more useful for the driving I do rather than riding. Plus there's all the other phone connectivity that comes with it. Added benefit in the car that it runs on the head unit display and the dash, a screen in my car with multiple configuration options, is still all just driving data.

Had a little look into this and it looks like you can connect two headsets, seems limited from what I read but worth investigating/experimentation.

11. My Zumo 660 acts as a hub so no reason why the XT can't.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. There is a fairly important software update, both in the conect, and for the electronic suspension, which will apply from January 8, the update of the electronic suspension among other things, brings something called, Minimum preload, it is a function semi automatic, which will allow you from the handlebar controls, to be able to lower the load to the minimum for in the city and on the urban map, lower the height of the damping to the minimum and thus reach the ground better, it must be something similar to the suspension of the panamerican harley, but in semiautomatic

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hope it’s not only on urban mode

14. I have been playing with the Ducati connect . So far it has never drooped out and I've been in some remote spots. As the bike is only 6 weeks old it is not suffering from issues when it was first launched. I like that the dash is not cluttered with extra Sat Navs or phones. But this may be short lived as I may end up with a garmin XT. I don't use a Sat nav often , but the charging usb connector cant keep up with drain on my Iphone when using the Ducati app. 3 hours max from a fully charged phone plugged into the usb port with the sat directing me is the max I will get. What an oversight from Ducati. If plugged into the 12v hella socket with a usb adaptor it would run all day .

15. New issue with Ducati Connect and Android 13 phones.
    Having not ridden for a couple of months during which time my phone had an update to Android 13, no issues for the phone or any of my installed apps except for the Ducati Connect App! See below

Android 13 incompatibility | Ducati.org forum

I have the same issues, it rings a number then disconnects and wont play music anymore either due too the upgrade to Android 13. Don't waste time trying to re-pair devices etc it just wont work for those of us on Android 13 phones. Hopefully Ducati are working on an update. The Android 13 update was known about for application providers / developers over a year ago, so an update should be out very soon - maybe?

16. Looking at the newest feedback for the Sygic app on Google, there are some very unhappy users despite Sygic’s claim over 200 million users rely on their app. Really surprised Ducati didn’t draw on Audi experience which recommends Android Auto. Andy

17. Or just pay the licence fee and get Apple and Android connectivity…

18. Licence fee ? Andy

19. Ducati would just need to pay it rather than using the Sygic product and the rubbish Ducati app. I’m sure with their car business it should have cost them much to make a proper job of it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. I’d happily pay to have Apple CarPlay on my bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information