1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Diagnostic System (dds 2.0)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by satbit, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Hi All,
    Looking for some help if you can please,
    just a quick question on the Ducati Diagnostic system (DDS 2.0)
    Does the DDS need a password to use it on a motorbike or is the password only needed to update the tool.
    If I purchase the DDS can I use it on a motorbike without the password ?
    Any help or information would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. DDS 2.0 is a dealer only tool. You need an account with the factory to use it, not just the password. It's authenticated daily, after 5 days it's locked out. On the off chance you can get one, you wouldn't be able to use it.
    Texa, who supply DDS do a general trade diagnostics tool but without some of the dealer functionality. Big bucks though.
    If it's for home use, JPDiag seems to be the weapon of choice.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hi, Thanks for the reply,
    So its authenticated daily on a network right and unless I have an account I will not be able to use it like the one in the picture?
    The one in the picture i will not be able to use without authentication right ?

upload_2019-2-18_13-55-15.png

4. That's not DDS 2.0, it's the original DDS issued after the Mathius tester was discontinued. Hasn't been supported for many years now. IIRC, 1098 era is the cut off point. It used data cards that were issued with each new model introduction. If it has the cards, then you can use it for the relevant models but you can't update any longer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. basically the pooter say's nooo. Hope you didn't spend to much buying it:bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information