1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Forum Traders Section

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Apr 3, 2012.

1. What do you think? a FREE section for all the Traders out there. Offers of products/deals/bikes news reviews or whatever they feel can help etc in their own little section.....

Each dealer to have a sub forum. I count 38 Ducati dealers in the UK....

They can connect directly to customers and it won’t cost them a penny.

Good/Bad?

Interested.

Rob.

2. Only Ducati dealers Rob or accessory dealers too ? It would be great to have a forum to display useful new products.......

3. Was thinking Dealers but you have a good point... Maybe both would be good. Thinking of benefits for both dealers, customers and forum members.

4. Surely a small charge would be peanuts to them and a bit of extra income for the site and your hard work!

5. That would be great Rob, if you could get some parts traders up for offers on here and they get another shop window too.

Come on Nog...start window dressing.

6. Including independants would be good too:upyeah:

7. Do you know HOW hard business is right now? I have 2 other jobs because no one is buying much these days.....

8. I’m thinking free. It won’t cost me anything and should drive additional traffic to the site, which is good for me, dealers and the forum community...

• Like Like x 1
  9. OK...

Done. Anyone want to pass the message on please do.

There are 3 sections:
    Ducati Dealers
    Independent Dealers
    Parts/Accessories Dealers

It’s Free

I need an email to [email protected] requesting set up. I will also need a bit about the business to use in the text by the forum. They will need to be kept up to date at least once every 30 days to remain active!

Rob.

10. Probably best not to contact Ducati at Sheffield, or they will see all the comments about the pretty girl.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think it's a brilliant idea and just read a couple of the threads
    Good on ya Rob

12. Excellent idea Rob, many thanks.

One thought: might the middle 'Independent dealers' section be re-titled for clarity? That is, I'm not sure where many of the good independents would think they should post: Baines, LouigiMoto, DucatiJohn in Leeds, Carl Harrison, Motovation (these off the top of my head) are very highly rated independent workshops, but they're not *dealers* as such, in that they don't sell bikes (except maybe occasionally on the side). So I'd have thought that re-titling that middle section something like 'Independent workshops', or simply 'Independents', would make a bit more sense.

13. Cobbett,

Valid point. Independents makes sense.

14. OK, we have a few traders now which is good. Please if you are know any dealers/workshops or anyone else you feel would benefit the forum do let them know. I’ve emailed all UK Ducati dealers and had a fair few responded now which is good.

15. Geez!!

Must be very busy out there at dealers!

Free sections available to promote a business with 26,000 visits over the past few weeks!! Come on dealers! There are targeted customers here that you can reach out to for free!!

16. Would it be wise to allow each dealer only one ad per section, but allow them to update it as often as they see fit.

I guess it depends how many people take up the offer...

17. Err...Ignore that; I wrote it before I visited the section. Understand now.

18. Most dealers don't even respond to emails Rob; not entirely surprised by this. The auto world is well behind other professional / commercial sectors when it comes to the net.

19. When I mentioned it to a dealer they said they get so many requests that they tend to ignore all of them.

20. Requests for what?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information