1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Friendly Painters ~ West Midland Area???

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Riviera81, May 5, 2021.

1. Hi all,

I'm doing some work on my 1199 Panigale, which has involved removing the fairings and tank.

The tank has some scratches on it (they won't polish out) and so does the left hand fairing and left tail panel (just from wear and tear, not been over!)

As it's unlikely I'm going to need to lift the tank off again in the near future, I was thinking about how much it would cost to have these parts repainted (standard red) and whether anybody on here can recommend a good paint shop in W.Mids area that do that sort of work at sensible cost, or give an idea of likely price, if they've had their own done?

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I’d be interested in a good parts paint shop in this area too

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the suggestion! Have you used these guys personally Paul?

4. Yes a good a few years ago now, They painted a RG250 for me looked Ace!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. My mate in Burntwood just had his 1098 repainted by a local guy, finish is awesome, let me see if I can get his details.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. That would be brilliant Dibble! Very nearly down the road from me, here in Stafford!

7. 07903 130140 Mick Hickman ( Spray Station ) - Tell him the number came from Mav (Keith) thats my mate ...

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Can you keep us posted on how you get on as this would be very useful for me too? Thanks

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Many thanks Dibble! Shall give him a call and see what he says!

10. Just been looking at some of his work on the old FaceAche. Looks quality, of course very hard to tell in photos. Always good to find a local place, only just off junc 10 for you.

11. My mate is a perfectionist, will have to have been spot on for him to recommend...

• Like Like x 1
  12. My neighbour had some work done in Cannock, he’s fastidious with regard to anything he has. I can get the number of his painter.

Or you could try guintoli’s painter of choice: http://www.chaseaccidentrepairs.co.uk/

You can watch him in action on this episode

13. Stafford eh? Only down the road from me (Eccleshall).

I'd recommend Rage Designs, but Mike's in Warrington, he does most of not all of the paint for Ducati Coventry, Manchester, Stoke to name 3 but also for a lot of BSB teams and riders (helmets).

If you're willing to travel to Warrington I can pass on his details.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Many thanks for the suggestion! And yup, just down the road from me in Eccleshall, and coincidentally, my 999 lived for a long time in Eccleshall before I bought it and moved it to Stafford!

With very little time away from work, I was hoping to find a painter a little more local, so will talk to the guys that have been recommended close by first.

15. EFA ;-)

16. LOL.... I can't argue with most of that, however with Covid a lot of his events - TT, BSB has either been cancelled or moved so he may have capacity. But he is contractually bound by a lot of teams and Shoei from memory so everyone else has to fit around that unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So what kind of cost would we be talking about? Full respray - going from Ducati red to Ducati yellow + decals?
    Any ideas?
    Kind of thinking about doing my new bike in yellow....or would a vinyl wrap do the job?

Cheers

S23

18. For a full respray inc. tank and mudguard in a single colour with decals I'd guess at least £500-600, any number boards etc will add to that.

19. I’ve had a few motorcycle items painted here, Stafford Panel Craft
    Boscomoor Ln, Penkridge, Stafford ST19 5NU

Phone: 01785 715354
    not quite the West Midlands but South Staffs is close enough. This guy a perfectionist, paints for bike dealers what he’s done for me is perfect. I tried Chase Accident Repairs and they just weren’t professional enough for my tastes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information