1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati In Lincoln.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Just seen this on Facebook

FB02E01D-16C7-40A9-A439-8FCB8BAEB4B4.jpeg

2. Yeah, sad times. :(

3. That is a shame I went to look at the 748r there a few weeks ago really friendly staff

4. Is there no one here that would be the next generation :thinkingface:

I wish I was well enough

5. Sad news, I'd imagine Ducati UK will be all over this and there have been conversations in the background for some time.

There's a patch/territory without a Ducati dealership shortly and a bunch of customers who buy/service bikes there, Ducati won't want to lose that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that why Chris Walker has the Ducati dealership in Grantham now?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Can't off helped !
    Taking on a dealership now would be similar to taking on a pub - crazy
    Generally Phil and the team have been good to me and helped a lot. Some occasions they could be infuriating but their heart was in the right place
    I just hate the hospital uniform look of bike dealers these days, every unit looks the same!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Shame, would have assumed some interest to take it on.
    Are these dealers just not profitable? How much would it typically cost to run?
    Seen another tuning shop go too due to ill health..

9. Italia haven't been an official dealer for about a year now John. The territory was taken over by Chris Walker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Definitely not easy… I’ve worked with/for Italians. They’re annoying cvnts….

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ahhh didn't know that... Cheers Neil.

Maybe that explains part of their decision then i.e. not being an official dealer.

12. The motor trade is not an easy trade. Hard work & dealing with the public makes is ever more so difficult plus the margins are shit and it generally seems to attract the shallow end of the gene pool.
    So to summarise. You’ll work a lot for not a lot, you’ll have to deal with the dribbling public and also cope with the retards around you.

In my early years I worked fairly high up in various aspects of the trade and quickly realised it was a dead end.

wouldn’t recommend it to anyone really

#12 Advikaz, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
  13. Thought that was the case. Only dealt in used bikes more recently. Some extremely nice and rare ones at that!

#13 JamieW, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  14. No mate. Phil has been at it for a long while now and is ready for a rest. He's earned it :) Comes to us all eventually. Shame he couldn't get anyone to take it on, but it's tough out there I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. well just found out via face book that moto italia is to close as of the end of this month
    phil is retiring but has not managed to find a buyer
    i was in there last a coup[le of weeks and thought it was a bit empty thought it was due to trade over the last year being quiet
    a shame as always had great service and really helpful

16. Their advice was to seek you out for future servicing and work, I'll be giving Cornerspeed a ring soonish I guess. A couple of folk I know already rave about you. Fingers crossed. :)

This turn of events cemented my decision to sell the Bevel twins though. Reduction in number of Ducatis in progress. Buyers welcome.

17. Threads merged

18. As has been previously stated Chris Walker at Grantham has filled the gap in this part of the world, very sad that Italia is closing though, i have bought a couple of bikes from Phil in the past and he has always gone 100% to make sure things were spot on, even spending several days setting the carbs up properly on an old Laverda Jota for me years ago!

The shop and showroom has always struck me as being full of a hive of enthusiasts always ready to offer help and advice and not pressure you to buy anything, with a certain friendly non-clinical atmosphere...something i found distinctly lacking on a recent visit to Grantham, just my tuppence worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The new breed of Ducati dealers offer a place to buy a bike or get its software updated within a set of parameters, to a standard defined by the marque to conform to their "user experience".

:zzz:

I'll miss Italia, but at the same time I'm pleased Phil will get a rest as he's earned it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ..meantime a 5hit ton of experience with Dukes goes out of the system...but you can get a synthetic artificial cappuccino

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information