1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Rob, Jun 2, 2014.

1. As an affiliated Ducati business partner, Ducati Insurance actively support and sponsor Ducati clubs, Ducati racing teams and the Ducati dealer network.

As passionate riders they know the sound of a Desmo L-twin, what Termi's are and the difference betweeen Superbikes, Supersports, Sports Tourers, Multistradas and Monsters.

Whether it's a Hyperstrada, a Desmosedici RR or even a classic 1960's Monza ... Ducati Insurance has a policy to suit.

Call Ducati Insurance on 0844 8800 960 to speak to someone who understands or click here for an online insurance quotation.

Ducati Insurance: the only official UK Ducati Insurance scheme

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tried them online but they went tits up. Went to Carol Nash instead.

3. tried them every year and every time they are nearlly 3 times the cost of all the competition (4 times as much as mce) . i currently pay £450 for 848 and m1100s with bikesure and they wanted £1300 . Same thing every year.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. gonna give them a go this august i was about 5-600 last year.

5. Went with them last year on the 848 and then with the Pani they were the only ones who would even quote me. If the renewal is there or thereabouts this year will use again.

6. As has been said on some of the above posts for me. My last quote was four times that of most other companies.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. I'll try them in August. :)

8. funnily enough I went with Carole Nash initially but as they couldn't seem to manage to email me a cover note (and I couldn't pick up the bike without one) I went with Ducati Insurance on the nod from MR, £10 cheaper and also able to email out cover notes.

got hit by another bike on a ride out and was a little disappointed when discussing options with Duc Insurance, their responses boiled down to "we're just the broker, you need to talk to your insurer (Highway))" which whilst true, I didn't pay the money to Highway I paid it to Duc Ins. - so the "you're not our customer / problem" was a little *meh*

9. exactly, so you might as well buy the insurance from anywhere if the underwrter is the same. Highway underwrite loads of different companies so need to pay a ducati premium.

10. I'm with Ducati Insurance because I have no choice - they are the only company in the UK who will quote for a D16. I wonder if it is the same with the 1199SL?

11. Gonna try em!

12. Nice & cheap for my 848 & all it's little bits of bling

13. Been with Ducati insurance for the past four or five years but this year their quote was just too far above everyone elses to justify staying.
    Within a few tens of pounds I dont bother too much but when the difference is closer to hundreds then it's a no brainer.
    They also seemed very cagey about 'agreed value', SC's have risen a lot recently and even just to match a modest market value sent the premium up by a huge amount.
    Felt more like a 'piss off' quote you get when such as a builder doesn't want the work so quotes a stupid price knowing you'd be daft to agree to it, perhaps they're trimming their books with a view to getting out of the bike insurance markat altogether.

14. Ducati insurance getting out of the bike insurance market? What would they insure , them little ducati machines on buses in bologna? Lol

15. Hasting dual bike policy £230 fully comp for the hyperstrada and the vfr 400, £250 for the 996 foggy rep.
    Think I did ok.

16. Ducati Insurance for my Mutley 1200S, all mods declared, £95.99 fully comp protected NCB. :)

17. Just signed up for a year.

18. Hi, Sorry to hear you weren't completely happy with our service. Without knowing specifics it's hard to comment; but if you want to reply privately I'm more than happy to look into this for you.

After notification of an incident we log the details and notify the insurer. It is up to the Insurer to make an offer based on the circumstances; so it is true we would refer you to them in the first instance. However, if you feel they are not responding or making a realistic offer we would advise appropriately and always try to support you to the best of our ability.

We take pride in supporting our customers and feel that we differ from the competition by offering a more personal / human service. So as I've said if you want to reply privately or give Liz a ring in the office more than happy to look into this for you.

19. I'm back with Ducati Insurance now after a couple or so years away. They currently insure my two bikes for less than RAC wanted for insuring just one of them. On better terms, too, regarding mileage and voluntary excess. I'm happy.

I only left Ducati Insurance back then because they didn't want me to renew with them. After nine years as a contented customer, I felt hurt and rejected, but I'm over that. Mostly. :)

20. i really wanted to go with DI, and the price wasn't too far away from what i wanted to pay.
    but they point blank refused to insure my 1199s for commuting. only social and pleasure. very strange as i've just done whole year of commuting with MCN and had to go back to MCN (which i didnt really wanted to do)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information