1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Manchester Situation Part 2

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dirty Leeds, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The facts are the facts, wrong to close the thread on part 1, this is a forum so everybody is entitled to have an opinion, just because numerous people agreed on something that didn't suit everyone why is that a witch hunt? It's opinions it's a forum, impartiality is more relevant here, you won't get a cheaper v4s for protecting ones business practices....;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. You could have added a link to the other one.
    I would have if it'd been me stirring the shit up . . .

:grinning: :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. What’s all this?

4. Are you one of 'the usual suspects' btw?

:joy:

5. I'm not sure, I don't think so, I'm a decent type in real life though that's for sure :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. And Not me as i'm the invisible man:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Who said that?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'm off down the tin hat shop

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. El on his way;) index.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Some twat has hacked my account, just seen this thread

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. It's only a matter of principle, fair to express it imo. They trashed most of my buying experience years ago. Resolved via Ducati customer services in part.

I sold both of them not long after and only occasionally miss one of them.

It could be 800 track day miles potentially. People knowing they're existing bike is as good as sold tend to ride them a different way, so 800 miles on one of those is quite a thing. Best resolved buy walking away. The effect on the part exchange value for those that believe that should be taken into account, is what's called loss of bargain imo. That does matter.

I'm curious if they adjusted the last owners part exchange value when the bike came in. They wouldn't have signed any purchase agreement until then so I'd suspect it very likely. The dismissive attitude of dealer sales staff is enough for anybody to just leave the decision to purchase to go elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. How did you collect and collate the statistical information for this statement?

If I had a bike that was 'as good as sold', I'd wrap it in cotton wool until the cash changed hands, lest I bin it (more likely than usual, if 'riding in a different way') and all of a sudden I've got a pile of bike wreck instead of a bike that's 'as good as sold'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Bit like creams fireblade after snett, could be be worth £80 after a trackday

• Like Like x 1
  14. True though

15. Good point.
    D'ya think he'll take £79.50 for it ?
    After snett of course ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. It wasn’t so long ago there was a thread about a Ducati dealer selling a streetfighter with a swollen tank. The buyer lived a distance away and had it delivered. He’d specifically asked about any tank issues before buying. Your paying top money for ‘the Ducati experience’, so you expect them to get key points correct.
    No witch hunt, just expect better. We’re not all loaded and can be one of the biggest purchases you make.

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. now thats a great film!

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. nah, too busy pushing his 899 ont front page ........ooops, is that me gone?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. ET, I appreciate you have strong alliances with this particular dealer, and my overall experiences have been good/excellent, but this is ducatiforum.co.uk, not ducatimanchesterforum.co.uk.

In a previous thread, there was criticism about a particular midlands based dealer & your post was words to the effect ‘ I’ve not heard a good thing about them’.
    There was definitely more of a ‘witch hunt’ there & and less than favourable feedback about other dealers nationwide.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember you closing those threads.

Perhaps remain slightly more impartial & allow members to express their views.

• Agree Agree x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information