1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Manchester Situation....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Scott21, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So today was 'supposed' to be the day i collected my Ducati 1299 Panigale.

BUT it wasn't.... from last Monday I did a deal with the manager on the bike with 4250 miles on the clock. He assured me it was in excellent condition and there was nothing to report. Which I was more than happy with and also plenty of picture to access.

Last night I decided to check to see if the MOT had been carried out and inwhich it had, to my the surprise the MOT is now showing the current milage is 5040!!! That's 800 more miles than I have written on my sale agreed invoice.

Contacted them and they told me they've gone off the mileage on the PX price they gave the previous owner when doing his deal on a new bike a few months ago. Between trading the bike in for his new bike he had done another 800 miles.

So basically they hadn't even checked the mileage on the bike when it came in to be PX!!!

They've apologised after I made a complaint and said they'll knock £100 off the deal as 800mile more isn't much of difference apparently..........

Thoughts people...

2. I’d counter with a free oil service and leave it at that. 800 isn’t a great deal to me though but to one of my mates and his R1M, it’s over a years mileage :astonished:

3. It's a bit naughty I suppose, but I want you to concentrate on laying down some positive vibes and loving your new bike :heart:

4. If you don’t want it don’t buy it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Plenty of others out there, every man and his dog are chopping them in for V4's. LOl

6. I wonder if they would have offered only £100 less for a 5k m=bike ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I disagree, it’s sloppy and all too common. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I didn’t say it wasn’t. All I said was if he didn’t want the deal then he doesn’t have to buy it. His choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. But it does help to listen to others views

10. Would you have bought it on the same terms with 5,000 miles on it?

If so, it's a bit pants, but take the £100. :thinkingface: If not, walk away or tell them what you want to do the deal.

11. No I wouldn't of considered it as there's others out there with lower milage. It was my local dealer and also they gave a cracking price on my PX which no one else can even get near..

I've told them £100 just doesn't cut it. They've informed me as of this evening it'll be back on sale tomorrow as there's nothing else they can offer.

12. Hard ball :( Andy

13. Sometimes it's not about the bike but it's also about the experience. If your new toy suddenly becomes a disapointment from before you even have it, then sometimes you will work through it and enjoy the bike and other times no matter how good the bike is, the dealer leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

out of interest, if they have offered a hundred off and the best px by far, how much were you expecting off to be reasonable for a 800 mile discrepancy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Buy elsewhere then , their loss :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I use Ducati Preston,same group but 10 times better than Manchester. Russ and Niall always good to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 800 miles is a lot especially if it's been ridden hard, tyres pads etc it's all stuff you will need to replace, service comes round quicker, I agree £100 is not a lot, it's not your fault they offered great p/x, £200 and crack on, do they really want that deal to not go through for an extra £100? Plus the attention drawn on here? They are silly if so in my opinion

17. Or possibly the OP's loss if he's been offered the best PX deal on his current bike?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'd be tempted to walk, just because of their attitude. But if nobody can get near their part ex offer, sometimes it's better not to bite your nose off to spite your face. Just look elsewhere next time.

End of season, loads of bikes coming in against V4's, you'll not struggle to find one. :thinkingface: But how much will you get for your bike?

Decisions, decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1

19. I think you nailed in one here! From the experience I think more than anything. I didn't receive a call all day up until I sent an email telling them how shocking it is they can't even pick up a phone!

Then the phone rang.... sorry been in meetings all day same old

20. All part of the decision OP has to make

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information