1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Mega Meet 2020

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by HyperActivePaul, May 6, 2020.

1. With all this lockdown, I would love nothing more than a HUGE Ducati meet after we are back to normal.....

Picture it.......Ducati's everywhere old & new, standard & special.

Sort out a decent place to do it, Organise burger vans and coffee stalls etc

Located somewhere so that as many can participate in the event.

Surely we as a community can make this happen????

thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Most of the PCP bikes would've been repossessed..

#2 deleteduser211220, May 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 14
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Like the idea. Anyone got a friendly airfield in the middle of Blighty that could host it? Second wave permitting of course.

4. Fantastic idea!! I think most people would be up for this. Finding somewhere that has the capacity might be an issue. Motor circuit car parks might be an option? With a failing race calendar, some may be up for it all being at a price. Some would probably wecome the revenue?

5. Heathrow’s quiet

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. East Midlands airport.... central location, unlikely to be busy any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Donington is next door ....

8. Will translators be available?
    if yes... I'm ok with that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Definitely central location would work best.

10. How about donington next Tuesday..
    Oh hang on maybe not.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. How about Santa Pod?
    old WW2 airfield converted to a drag strip. Lots of facilities......
    regularly holds meet up so had the experience to help organise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Last time I went there was 1974, on the back of a Suzuki GT750 teasmaid. Bloody frightening experience trying to hold on as it accelerated like a rocket and wobbled round corners.

13. The first Ducati Sporting Club I went to was at Popham Airfield, obviously aimed for the Southern members.

This was back in 2003....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Only 40 miles from me, sorted.

[​IMG]

15. My local airfield is a little busy at the moment! 4A6D4FAB-2E51-4A73-BA51-FA161B7D1D29.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ask at Huddersfield International Airport. Owner is bike mad...

17. Silverstone could be argued to be the closest circuit to the centre of England if you base it on population and ease of access via road.

Plus - fingers crossed a whole bunch of Ducati’s are already going to be there on the 6th July so how about Sunday 5th July for a meet up?

Or is that too optimistic that we will be allowed out again by then?

Caffeine and Machine is only 30 miles away from Silverstone but it probably doesn’t have the capacity for a really big meet.

• Like Like x 2
  18. As long as the location is fair, we have the possibility for the best attendance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Possibly next year might have more certainty because you really want to start having bookings made by now. Agree that Donnington is probably the most central.

20. Donington does look good middle ground.

Because most events have been cancelled this year, we have a good chance of getting somewhere booked as they will want the business. Also with the biking calendar looking rather grim because of covid-19 this will be a great way to celebrate the end
    of restrictions.

*As long as restrictions are lifted :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information