1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati Monster S4r 998

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Mark64, Jun 24, 2021.

1. It is with a very heavy heart that I have to sell my Ducati Monster s4r 2006 998, I bought it in 2014 as a keeper but due to circumstances beyond my control I have to let it go.
    The good stuff :
    HPI clear, MOT May 2022
    The last of the 1st generation Monster, a proper brutal Superbike engine (same engine as the 999) in the best looking frame, a weaponised Monster.
    That awesome 998cc testasretta engine, custom map by Nelly at Cornerspeed 129 bhp at the rear wheel, full stainless 50mm termignoni with db killers (if you have a mardy MOT station), belts changed & valve clearances checked this year, open airbox with K&N filter, standard airbox lid as well, lightweight flywheel (250 grams - that's a pack of butter!), 48t EVR clutch, carbon fibre front mudguard, c/f belt covers, c/frear hugger, c/f chain guard, Evotech Performance radiator & oil cooler guards, brand new Bridgestone 016 Pro rear tyre just fitted (front in good nick), front brake discs and pads replaced last year, shorty flip up brake and clutch levers fitted (standard ones available)The standard (fatbar) handlebars have 30mm risers, Factory Racing clutch slave cylinder (for a lighter clutch action - I tried it but didn't like it), spare radiator and fans (£1300+vat from Ducati) , the rear axle nuts and the rear sprocket nuts have been chromed, chain and sprockets and in good condition, I have a brand new spare 525 chain, spare 'Design Corse' rear axle nuts, the bike comes with 2 paddock stands a 'trestle' and a 'skate' for ease of parking, a flywheel holding tool, a clutch holding tool and assorted bits and bobs.

Tha bad stuff :
    It has the wrong clocks fitted due to a small get off (never even popped an indicator) so mph is actually on the kph scale, the clocks read 4400 miles, they were changed at 32500 miles so 36.5k total
    A couple of small marks on either side of the tank near the Ducati badge
    Not much service history - lost in a house move
    It has an intermittent starting fault, sometimes it takes a while to fire, it spins over quite happily but struggles to fire, once started it runs sweet as a nut, to try and solve the problem I have replaced the ignition /fuel injection relay, crank position sensor, spark plugs and fuel filter but to no avail.
    The bike is in very good condition and has been my pride and joy for 7 years, it will absolutely break me to sell it but needs must. This is reflected in the price, I'm looking for £4250
    Link to gumtree ad
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/ducati-motorbikes/ducati-s4r-2006-998-cc/1408402545

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sprag clutch?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sadly not, EVR alloy basket & alloy friction plates though, it plays a lovely tune.

4. Thanks, but gutted isn't the word, it'll be like losing a limb!

5. Starter sprag clutch, not clutch clutch.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I know the feeling I parted company with my 1100S today :(, still it’s all for a good reason in my case:upyeah:, sorry to read you have to sell it though.

7. My old ST2 had issues starting and it was the spragg clutch.

8. No problem with the starter sprag.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Provisionally sold, more details next week

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sold

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information