1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Motogp Sponsors In Question.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by outintheopen, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Shame about the tobacco sponsorship bans as I thought they produced some of the best liveries in motorsport.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Just been trawling through the various news and magazine articles and it would appear this is as a result of one Australian anti smoking campaigner who is on a mission to eradicate tobacco products and the companies who produce them. The complaint to an Australian government advertising standards agency was made directly at Philip Morris claiming that there is a link between the Mission Winnow logo and the Marlborough logo used before cigarette advertising was banned. Mission Winnow although funded by Philip Morris promotes technology innovation and has nothing to do with tobacco. This appears to be only an issue in Australia. Andy

3. Most of the larger vaping companies are either owned or majority controlled by tobacco companies. I suppose to the anti's it looks just like the same companies have found a backdoor way in again

4. Their products cost the National Health Billions which we all then paid for income tax. There were some pretty colours though. Marlboro, Rothmans & JPS were my favorites, though the Silk Cut Jags at Le Mans were pretty cool too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The ridiculous thing, if this case hadn’t drawn attention to Mission Winnow, I would have been none the wiser. Just goes to show advertising in sport might not have the desired affects of exposure. I have no idea and absolutely no interest in who or what sponsors do or sell despite my predilection for MotoGP. Andy

#6 Android853sp, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I thought it was Mission Winnow as in Win Now FFS - its been a while since Ferrari won a title... Apparently its something to do with sifting grain/ wheat from the chaff, which in turn has nothing to do with smoking or vaping...

7. Fecking smell check :mad: Andy

8. Rothmans and Marlboro yes, Lucky Strike and JPS yes... Camel... not so much! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Isn't Yamaha still somehow blue because of Gauloises? Am I imagining that? I know that the barcodes etc were a thinly veiled Marlboro scheme and the Go!!!!!!!! was deffo Gauloises.

10. We’ll have the same problem again shortly when we’re treating people that vape. Anything that’s burnt is and inhaled will lead to cancer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I don't much about it, but I hope you aren't right (though you probably are). How can we repeat the same mistake twice?

12. That’s what happens with addiction be it cigarettes, vaping, prescription pain killers, narcotics, alcohol, steroids, chocolate ..... mmmmm, chocolate :D Andy

#13 Android853sp, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I think free Chocolate should be on the NHS for all old blokes with Ducatis. Smaller amounts for those with yellow bikes of course.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Because money makes the world go round. And there’s plenty of money to be made in that industry at present. My wife was recently offered a very lucrative contract to work in the industry but turned it down as ethically we don’t believe in the concept.
    Replacing an addiction with something that causes a similar addiction isn’t the answer in my opinion. Research ‘popcorn lung’ and you’ll see the problem can arise from vaping.
    I put a lot of it down to personalities as well though and whether you have an addictive one or not. I don’t but it’s not always a blessing, as it makes me not addictive to anything, which includes going to the gym etc unless I have a clear goal and I haven’t had one of those since I quit Thai Boxing due to old age and injuries.
    In short I don’t know the answer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. White chocolate toblerone and I think that’s one thing I can’t leave alone but they’re harder to get hold of than crack cocaine and crystal meth round here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. My present from Miami was a box of Coconut Patties flavoured with Key Lime and coated in dark, unsweetened chocolate. A Bounty Bar on steroids and I’m self rationed to 1 a day (only not today, no will power) Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It won't belong before energy drinks advertising is banned too once the full effect of drinking that shit comes to the fore.

18. As they aren't such big girls :thinkingface:

19. I see chuckles is still taking the happy pills.:D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information